Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

~2/6 It's Frozen Yogurt Day~

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 6:51 AM
  • 5 Replies

February 6, 2014 is

National Frozen Yogurt Day

Celebrate National Frozen Yogurt Day! Originally, the health-conscious trend of the 1970s spurred the creation of this frozen treat. However, it didn’t gain widespread popularity until the 1980s, when recipes improved to the frozen yogurt we know and love. 

Frozen yogurt has come to be eaten almost as much as ice cream, and is served in just as many flavors and styles. Frozen yogurt is a great source of calcium and potassium, but remember to still enjoy in moderation.  

A healthier alternative to ice cream, frozen yogurt is also slightly more tart.  Eat it plain, or add toppings such as fresh fruit, fruit sauce, nuts, coconut, whipped cream – whatever you like! With a vast variety of flavors, there’s sure to be one out there for you. Happy National Frozen Yogurt Day!

http://www.punchbowl.com/holidays/national-frozen-yogurt-day

Do you like frozen yogurt? What is your favorite flavor? Have you ever gone to yogurt places like Sweet Frog?

by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 6:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:24 AM

I love froyo! We don't have Sweet Frog here, we have CherryBerry and Cocomero. We also used to have a local non-chain place but they closed a few months ago. I was sad because I liked them better than the chain stores.

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:55 AM

I never had frozen yogurt (or I don't think). We have a store that opened up so maybe I will go and try some but its not called Sweet Frog.

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:23 PM
I love it. Any flavor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 1:29 PM

It's not something I get a lot, but I like it.

Never heard of Sweet Frog. We have Orange Leaf and Yo-Yo out here. We end up going about once a yr.

My fave would be a combination- Orange Leaf had a Red Velvet and Brownie Batter that tasted sooo good together.

letstalk747
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:16 PM

i love frozen yogurt , fav is choco

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)