Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do they even hear you when you speak? Grrrr

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:09 PM
  • 14 Replies

Tonight is V day. My 16 YO daughter has been asking if she could go on a triple date tonight . I finally said sure why not.,

SO was nice enough to drop her at the ice skating rink for the date. We both told my daughter that he woukd wait in the lot to hear from her when she found her group and to make sure she didn't leave him sitting out their while she did the teen girl thing and talked and giggles with her friends ( she has done it before) 

He gave her a good 10 minutes before he started getting pissed. ( I would have been less for me) He text her twice and called her twice. He let me know that she wasn't answering and I text her 4x and called her no less than 5x in less then 3 minutes. No answer. Any other time that phone is shoved so far up her butt it's amazing she can sit down. 

She finally answered me but tough shit for her she blew it. ( oh mom I'm waiting in line, so sorry) She now gets to come home from her date without actually having one. 

How damn hard is it to answer a text? Grrrrrrr so pissed at her right now. 

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pnukey
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Sounds fair to me.

Boobear110
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:35 PM

She doesn't think so. The waterworks are here. 

To bad , so sad. 

Quoting Pnukey:

Sounds fair to me.

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 2:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds fair. I would've probably done the same thing - but on the other hand though - I always either walked IN with my eldest OR she wasn't allowed to leave the car until a friend was there. Although - in her defence, could the inside of the rink have no cell service?

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:35 AM

I would have done the same thing.  Unless, like the above poster said, she didn't have service in the skating rink I would have blown up her phone with texts and calls until she answered. I've done that with my dd when she was younger, she got the hint, lol.

coleysmama
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
My 16 yr old knows that if he does not answer our call when he's supposed to, I show up/go in to wherever he is/ supposed to be. He now answers since he was the only one who's mom was showing up...lol
Boobear110
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:51 AM

No , she admitted she put it in her pocket and forgot to let him know. 

Quoting GleekingOut:

Sounds fair. I would've probably done the same thing - but on the other hand though - I always either walked IN with my eldest OR she wasn't allowed to leave the car until a friend was there. Although - in her defence, could the inside of the rink have no cell service?

Boobear110
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:54 AM

I have a feeling she will answer from now on. She had her SF roaring mad coming in that rink. 

The cop at the door was all "can I help you sir?" 

SO says" yes, I'm looking for my daughter that's not answering her phone"

cop: " go right on in" 

Quoting coleysmama: My 16 yr old knows that if he does not answer our call when he's supposed to, I show up/go in to wherever he is/ supposed to be. He now answers since he was the only one who's mom was showing up...lol

Boobear110
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:55 AM

There are 2 cops on duty at the rink. One is always at the door. One is inside. 

Quoting GleekingOut:

cybcm
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this
My 14yr old did that to me once at the bowling alley. I had some sticky tape in the car, walked in, got her phone out of her bag, taped it to her head and walked out.

Has never happened again. I'm not one for the hard road when there is an easier option that gets the point across just as well.
Boobear110
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 5:54 PM

This is awesome.

Quoting cybcm: My 14yr old did that to me once at the bowling alley. I had some sticky tape in the car, walked in, got her phone out of her bag, taped it to her head and walked out.

Has never happened again. I'm not one for the hard road when there is an easier option that gets the point across just as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)