Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Was not too happy with my daughter

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:31 PM
  • 26 Replies

I was not too happy with my daughter Allison when I came home from work,I smelled weed (marijuana) and caught her smoking it with her no good boyfriend whom brought over a joint.This is the first time I caught her doing this,she is 13 years old and her boyfriend is 16.Saw the I am not happy look on my face.Denied smoking it at first and said I saw her smoking it.Her boyfriend tried to leave and I sat his butt down,called his parents and they were not too happy either and they came over.Her boyfriend's parents told him to get home asap.I sat down with and asked her why and her response was because she always wanted to try it.I finally decided to ground her for 7 days.Her boyfriend's parents were glad I stopped it,he was grounded too with his video games taken away.Finally my dad came over,he is a convicted felon serving time selling drugs and had a talk with her.I was 5 years old when my dad went to prison for selling cocaine and and meth through a plea deal,5 years.Said he paid the price for what he did.Finally she got it and knew what she did was wrong.Making it up for me,Part of her punishment is doing my son's chores he does.

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 2:24 AM
2 moms liked this

Only 7 days? My kid would be on lockdown for at LEAST a month. No phone, no net, nothing but school and home -as for boyfriends - they don't exist in my home until the child is 16.

proudmother5946
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 5:00 AM
7 moms liked this
She's 13 with a 16 year old boyfriend? You've got more problems then her smoking weed.
haileyj1
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 5:58 AM

I took her privaleges away for a week too.I had a phone call with this boy's parents and they said he is no longer to see her again.He did get arrested too,found more marijuana in his room.I told her that she is no longer to see him anymore

Bonita131
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:03 AM
4 moms liked this

The problem with this story is you thinking it's okay for your 13 yr. old daughter to have a 16yr. old boyfriend.

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry - do you think it'll be enough for you to say that she is not able to see him anymore? You need to monitor here more and make SURE she's not able to see him.

Quoting haileyj1:

I took her privaleges away for a week too.I had a phone call with this boy's parents and they said he is no longer to see her again.He did get arrested too,found more marijuana in his room.I told her that she is no longer to see him anymore

suesues
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 7:17 AM

too young for a boy and to allow him in the house when not home you are asking for trouble or maybe a grandchild please rewrite the house rules 

sfigu16
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:45 AM
You problem is allowing a 13 year old to have a 16 year old boyfriend
haileyj1
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 3:19 PM

She never told me this until now and lied to me about it.Said he was a friend of hers

HopesNDreams
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 3:50 PM
A sixteen year old friend she spends time alone/unsupervised with is no better than a boyfriend. The age and experience gap is too great at this age.

Quoting haileyj1:

She never told me this until now and lied to me about it.Said he was a friend of hers

haileyj1
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 3:59 PM

She is finally starting to straighten out and not going to be around him anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)