Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Cyber Bullying? Dd is being called a horrible name :(

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:49 AM
  • 27 Replies

Hi, My DD is going to be 15, She is on a Social network site that ask questions, The latest question was, (Have you lost your virginity yet you Whore?) I am so upset and appalled at this. What would you do in this situation? Also ppl have been calling her a Whore quite often. It has been getting to her and she asked me Why does everyone hate her? My dd is a very pretty young lady and recently started dating a nice boy, Plz any help will be greatly appreciated. I really want to post on this site and say something positive to my daughter and something negative about this other person calling her these names, but I know 2 wrongs dont make a right. Thankyou for your help :)

by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 7:49 AM

Is this Formspring or Ask.fm? Either way - I would make her delete the accounts. Tell her it's not a punishment - but it's to keep her safe. As rude as it sounds - I would also look into WHY she's being called a whore. Has she done or said something that could be constructed that way? and No - I would not post on this site - it would feed the trolls. I would just delete the accounts.

mjande4
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 7:51 AM

I agree with the previous poster. Delete those accounts NOW!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:28 AM

I agree with GleekingOut~ delete the accounts on those sites. Also, stress why it's very important not to post certain info about yourself on the internet. Once it's out there it's out there forever.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Feb. 15, 2014 at 1:58 PM
I agree with pp about deleting. I would not however ask her why people are saying these horrible things. These types of forums are set up for insecure drama driven low life's to target and hurt others. Do NOT lower yourself to that level. Your anger is understandable, however teach your daughter to be the better person by deleting...ignoring and moving on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Delete the account.

Going back and forth will do nothing but make things worst. Just keep supporting her and comforting her until her spirits get back up.

Sorry she is going through that.

Rampgirl04
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Oh for goodness sake Momma I am so sorry your DD is experiencing this :(

Definetly nip it in the butt now before it gets worse and if you can figure out who exactly is bullying your DD report it to the proper authorities immediately. No one let alone especially a child deserves to be bullied and sadly there is too many suicides associated with victims who were bullied. I hope you, your family and most of all your DD can get this resolved asap and things get better for her.

hugs

TerrorMom
by New Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 4:39 PM

You can either delete the account or ignore the comment. If it's Meetme, its become more of a hook up/dating site. If it continues, she can turn off anonymous comments. Personally, I would ignore and go about doing what I do. It's harder when its our kids though. 

Some1inSM
by New Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 4:26 AM
I agree. Hit delete.

It just shows how ignorant and hurtful some kids can be. How could a virgin be a whore anyways? Think about it...

You tell that beautiful dd of yours to hold her head up high and not allow the haters to get to her. They are just jealous. She may experience jealousy in her life becuz of her beauty, and when she does she, with humility, must just try to ignore it.
EverleighsMommy
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 4:31 AM

I'd delete accounts like that, that allow people to ask questions like that. Or AT LEAST turn off anon. I'm sorry that your daughter's experiencing this and I hope either way that it stops soon.

SAMandy
by Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:50 AM
There is a list of the most dangerous social networking sites / apps. Google it then have her read it. It sounds like ask.fm which is the single worst site for cyberbullying. Delete, delete, delete!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)