Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Sweet 16 Party

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:18 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok, so I'm running out of time to come up with ideas for my daughter's sweet 16 party.  She said she wants to do something but can't think of something she wants to do.

So here's the deal.  I want it to be special so a slumber party isn't going to cut it.  She doesn't have a lot of close friends and still isn't too good with the boys so no boys will be attending.

Was thinking of a limo, but not sure what to do with it.

If you have some thoughts let me know, desperate!

by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SweetMama823
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Get a limo and invite some of her close friends and out to dinner.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:21 PM

Thought about going and doing a scavenger hunt.

Quoting SweetMama823: Get a limo and invite some of her close friends and out to dinner.

mlomax07
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

get in contact with your local Mary Kay Rep...go to their corporate website which is w w w. marykay. com, input your zip code, and the computer will match you up with a local rep...Have a spa party!!!  this party is interactive, and includes a manicure, pedicure, and facial...remember, this party is complimentary, free of charge, and the girls are not obligated to buy any thing!!!!!!

monica lomax

mlomax07@yahoo.com
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:49 PM
2 moms liked this

This is what my daughter's friend did for her sweet 16 a month ago. Her parents got a party bus (hubby had  a look inside and said it was real nice), had her invite a few of her closest friends and the mom asked for all of them to dress to impress. When my daughter got there there was a small photo shoot and they went to the Cheesecake Factory for a nice dinner.

My daughter said she had so much fun.

Quoting SweetMama823: Get a limo and invite some of her close friends and out to dinner.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:51 PM

is there a concert, play or something on that idea she would like to attend ? What are the attractions near where you live ? is there one she would like to do? Could you do her and friends away for weekend at a lodge for skiing? or indoor waterpark place ? Not sure where you live and whats near.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Feb. 16, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Her and her friends differ VASTLY in music and besides that, I'm not able to attend a concert and around here I wouldn't let them do it alone.  There isn't alot of cultural stuff here.  Her birthday is in April so the theme parks haven't opened yet and she doesn't want to go away for her birthday.  She's not very "girly".  The only hint was a dance party, but she said her guest list was only about 10 people.  She needs a bigger guest list for me to rent a hall or something like that.  That's the biggest problem, the time of year, the small number of friends.  Was thinking about a limo but don't want to do dinner with it.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

is there a concert, play or something on that idea she would like to attend ? What are the attractions near where you live ? is there one she would like to do? Could you do her and friends away for weekend at a lodge for skiing? or indoor waterpark place ? Not sure where you live and whats near.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Could you get 2 other adult drivers to help you could do a scavenger hunt arund your town. Go around a list places in your town. Give them a list with crazy fun hints. In the rules include the must have photo of each thing. Include a person or two. Have it end at either a pizza place or your home for pizza and cake.

PosinourHarmony
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 1:15 AM

What is she passionate about? Something that she loves ta do that her and a few close friends could do? If she wants a dance party then have her invite a lot of people even only people that she talks to in school. Rent a hall and a dj and do some type of them. My friend had a black and white masqurade party for her daughter when she turned 16....the gurls wore black with white masks and the boys wore white with black masks.....it turned out so nice. Idk if that's her thing but there's so many different things you could do if you had a dance party....

LovingParent08
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:15 AM
Maybe a do it yourself at home facial/nail/pedicure party, swimming at a local hotel with a pool?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)