Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are your kids ready for Prom yet?

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:29 AM
  • 25 Replies

We have twins girls who are seniors and one of them has a BF who is also a senior but goes to a different school. So that meant we were going to need 3 Prom dresses. I was a little panicked because I always promised the girls that Dad and I would buy their dresses but money was tight so I was afraid we wouldn't be able to make it happen. To my surprise we were actually able to get 3 dresses and shoes for less than $150 total! My friend who is a make-up artist and hair stylist has agreed to do the twins hair and make-up for free! I am now super excited for Prom the only issue is we were able to find everything so fast that now I have to wait 5 weeks to see the girls all dresses up. They are going to be so beautiful.

Are there any other moms out there excited for Prom? Have you found the dress yet?

by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Have fun. I am past hs years but have 2 girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahlady
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:56 AM

prom?  ours isnt until the very end of May.

cybcm
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 12:04 PM
Our equivalent usually falls around September.
atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 19, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Ours is usually the 2nd week in April unless Easter break is that week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessy76
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Wow ours is April 6th and then my DD's BF's prom is April 11th. They graduate May 13th.

Quoting sahlady:

sahlady
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Our kids get out second week in June

Quoting Jessy76:

Wow ours is April 6th and then my DD's BF's prom is April 11th. They graduate May 13th.

Quoting sahlady:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PosinourHarmony
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Ours isn't until sometime in May....sadly my boys are only sophmores....and really don't wanna go. They wanna wait until they are seniors. Maybe I can talk them into going next year? I can't wait til my daughter is old enough for this kinda stuff lol! Have fun at the prom though! Post some pics!

Jessy76
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Pictures are my favorite part. The girls always tell me I take to many but I don't think you can ever have to many pictures of your kids! I am even going to take advatnage of them being dressed up and get my youngest (5)dressed up so we can have a cute family picture of all our girls looking amazing! LOL!!!

Quoting PosinourHarmony:

Ours isn't until sometime in May....sadly my boys are only sophmores....and really don't wanna go. They wanna wait until they are seniors. Maybe I can talk them into going next year? I can't wait til my daughter is old enough for this kinda stuff lol! Have fun at the prom though! Post some pics!

Bertieb
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 3:16 PM

We picked up the dress last Saturday, now on a shoe hunt so we can get it hemmed. Shoes are a problem because they are soooo high this year and she thinks they are prettiest, yet she wants to be comfortable. Several stores in our area don't even have many yet so that is putting us in a crunch time for hemming. My daughter is a junior and this will be her first. She is going with a guy-friend, not a boyfriend. I'm glad for that because I don't have to worry about drama of a possible breakup or fight before hand!

Jessy76
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 3:29 PM

If you know the size and style of shoe you are looking for check out ebay. They have an amazing selection at very good prices. I told my sister this because she is looking for a Prom dress for my neice who is in the same grade and school as my girls and she thought I was crazy. Then I showed her what we got and now she is looking there as well. Also check out Debshops.com they have decent selection and good prices.

Quoting Bertieb:

We picked up the dress last Saturday, now on a shoe hunt so we can get it hemmed. Shoes are a problem because they are soooo high this year and she thinks they are prettiest, yet she wants to be comfortable. Several stores in our area don't even have many yet so that is putting us in a crunch time for hemming. My daughter is a junior and this will be her first. She is going with a guy-friend, not a boyfriend. I'm glad for that because I don't have to worry about drama of a possible breakup or fight before hand!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)