Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

the break up

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 11:12 AM
  • 20 Replies

My son is breaking up with his girl this afternoon.  I have to say Im proud of the thought he has put into it.  He has made a conscious choice as to the timing, and is still working on the wording.  Im sure she will be sad but he is doing it as kindly as possible.  I think he is going to be a good man when he grows up.

by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 21, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Awesome. Sounds like it is well thought out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahlady
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 11:20 AM

it is.... not that I think she will appreciate it, she will probably still be upset.  but at least he will know he did the right thing.

Quoting atlmom2: Awesome. Sounds like it is well thought out.

bekindtoanimals
by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:55 PM
do you not like this girl?
sahlady
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 7:05 PM

I met her once in passing. Im sure she is a lovely girl.  Did I make it sound that way?

Quoting bekindtoanimals: do you not like this girl?

bekindtoanimals
by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 7:38 PM

i was just curious because break ups can be so upsetting at that age, depending on the circumstances. I was having a hard time understanding why you were making it seem like your son was doing such a good deed. without any of the details of why he was ending things it was hard for me to conclude that your son will be a good man when he grows up based on a break up.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess what Im saying is that he is doing it as kindly as possible knowing that she will be upset.  He obviously cant continue to date her simply because breaking up would upset her... so to do it with thought I think shows his maturity and compassion.

The circumstance is that he just thinks it has run its youthful course... he isnt finding her interesting any more.  At least I know he is into more than just a physical attraction. 

Quoting bekindtoanimals:

i was just curious because break ups can be so upsetting at that age, depending on the circumstances. I was having a hard time understanding why you were making it seem like your son was doing such a good deed. without any of the details of why he was ending things it was hard for me to conclude that your son will be a good man when he grows up based on a break up.

crazymom90
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:23 AM
Awww but guess what my baby girl just got her heart broken
crazymom90
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:24 AM
He probably is he grown up and wants to look for different responsible girls
disneyqueen
by Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Is he doing it in person?  Break ups on the phone or texting are awful.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 10:43 AM
Yes

Quoting disneyqueen:

Is he doing it in person?  Break ups on the phone or texting are awful.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN