Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Teen obsessed with a celeb

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:43 PM
  • 21 Replies

My dd is obsessed with Benedict cumberbatch  From the BBC show Sherlock.  Its pretty much all she talks about.  i can't tell you how many pics of the man i've seen in the past cpl of months. or how many funny posts she's made me read on twitter, tumblr  etc...   She's had other and still has other celeb crushes but nothing this bad.    We almost never watch live TV.  Between hulu and netflix is all we need.  We don't have cable and i have to have an antenna to watch reg tv.  Problem is its kinda not been working right except for CBS. Well Benedict was on the oscars last night and ABC was not working.  She literally drove me nuts from about 7:30 till 10:30 waiting for the man to present an award.  I wanted to throw the TV out the window it was sooo annoying.  The man was on the stage for about 45 seconds then she just shuts it off and goes to bed.  oh wait there was that 45 seconds of screaming that he was on stage.  lmao .  I had celb crushes when I was 15 but i dont remember driving my parents that crazy  lol

by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
racheal241977
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I drove my parents crazy. I was all about new kids on the block & Corey Haim. LOL... 

She will snap out of it give it a few months. LOL

Msgme
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:04 PM

my bedroom was wall to wall posters,  NKOTB, Corey Haim, Johnny depp  etc.... I just dont remember being annoying  about it.  When i mentioned that to her last night she said sure i wasnt  gandma is just not  here anymore to contradict me. 

Quoting racheal241977:

I drove my parents crazy. I was all about new kids on the block & Corey Haim. LOL... 

She will snap out of it give it a few months. LOL

cybcm
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:20 PM

It was Michael Hutchence for me. Whenever my mother got stuck into me about it I used to point out that I knew that she still had her signed photo of Barry from the Bee Gee's that said "Maria you're a top gal" in her bedside drawer. Hah.

My older two didn't really go to extremes with the celebrity crushes, but with my 14yr old it's Daniel Radcliffe.

luvligrl323
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:26 PM
My DD14 is OBSESSED with celebrities. She calls herself a "fan girl" and it is not only the mainstream bands and actors but there's now a YouTube craze. She's gone to so many events and meet ups. We live in Los Angeles so it's really common to find celebs. We've gone to taping a of the xfactor and American idol and she's befriended a few teens from the shows. I think it's really cool except that I'm driving her around more now. Last week she was "researching" flights online for over an hour and then we went to LAX at 11pm and he actually got to hang out with a new group called 5 Seconds of Summer for about half an hour. It's really cool. She blogs about her experiences. It is annoying at times because she constantly wants to show me videos and is going to events almost every weekend. But I'm glad she wants to include me in her life and she's also asked me to go to a few events with her so it's good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Msgme
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:27 PM

her cruhes are  in order of hotness as she says

Benedict,  Ian somerhalder, matt bomber, Neil patrick harris  then the guy who plays vincent on the new beauty and the beast  lol

My 11 year has multiple crushes as well but is not obsessive yet.  unless you count maniac macgee but he's fictional  lol

Quoting cybcm:

It was Michael Hutchence for me. Whenever my mother got stuck into me about it I used to point out that I knew that she still had her signed photo of Barry from the Bee Gee's that said "Maria you're a top gal" in her bedside drawer. Hah. My older two didn't really go to extremes with the celebrity crushes, but with my 14yr old it's Daniel Radcliffe.

Msgme
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Quoting luvligrl323: My DD14 is OBSESSED with celebrities. She calls herself a "fan girl" and it is not only the mainstream bands and actors but there's now a YouTube craze. She's gone to so many events and meet ups. We live in Los Angeles so it's really common to find celebs. We've gone to taping a of the xfactor and American idol and she's befriended a few teens from the shows. I think it's really cool except that I'm driving her around more now. Last week she was "researching" flights online for over an hour and then we went to LAX at 11pm and he actually got to hang out with a new group called 5 Seconds of Summer for about half an hour. It's really cool. She blogs about her experiences.

She uses the term fan girl as a verb  lol      She's in the show  Bye Bye birdie in school as one of the teen girls.  So she says obsessing and fan girling is part of her research for her part  lol

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 3, 2014 at 6:01 PM

My 20 y/o has a list of celeb crushes, lol. Her latest seems to be Bradley Cooper!

I had celeb crushes when I was a teen too, lol.

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 3, 2014 at 6:03 PM
I was not obsessed but loved Donny Osmond, Shawn Cassidy etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 6:17 PM

Mine seems to be obsessed with the Glee stars. Ever since she saw the damn show she's been obsessed with the stars' lifes and stuff outside the show. She's proud of the fact that she's tweeted with some of the cast of the spin off reality show The Glee Project. She's also friends with a few musicians on FB and has multiple tweeting conversations with them.

racheal241977
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this
My mom was obsessed with Donny osmand lol.

Quoting atlmom2: I was not obsessed but loved Donny Osmond, Shawn Cassidy etc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)