Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Keychain with only car key, pool key, mail and house key on it missing for two days.

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:45 PM
  • 11 Replies

I only have one car key with remote, because I bought the car used. I always put my keys in a pretty bowl by the front door, and never lose them. Last Sat. I took my mom to Walmart, walked the dogs, normal stuff. My son was with his girlfriend and came home with her and 2 girls I had not met. It was rainy and cold and they were walking, none of them drive. I made them all hot chocolate or tea. Made popcorn. I was to drive my son and his girlfriend to the movies later in the afternoon. One of the other girl's mother was picking them up to take them to the movie. Which was strange because I had room in my car for all of them. When it was time to take them, my keys were not in the bowl. I looked everywhere, started thinking maybe they feel out of my pocket when I was walking the dogs. I looked for two days, put signs up, tore my house apart etc.

I finally gave up Mon. night after I had to ask my boss to pick me up and drive me home. I call the Chevy dealer and they told me I would have to have the car towed in and it would cost 275.00!!! Also the pool key was 80.00 to replace. Around 10:pm my son was yelling from his bathroom, "Mom, Mom I found your keys!!". They were in his bathroom drawer, in behind were he keeps his toothbrush, toothpaste, deoderant etc. He had been in the drawer a couple of times before he even saw them.  WTH is going on? This bathroom doubles as a guest room, anyone could have been in there. My son can't believe anyone of his friends could have done this. I was having anxiety attacks over this and losing sleep, very stressful. My son thinks I might have accidently dropped them in there!

What would you do and what do you think??

by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 2:36 AM

It doesn't make sense for any of his friends or for him to have done that. I know I've often misplaced my keys, and I'd suspect myself in this case.

The dealer should be able to make you a copy of the car key.

ForeverLawst
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:05 AM

Sounds a little suspect to me. I occasionally find the TV remote in the kitchen, but my keys never leave their designated spot unless I am driving. 

Msgme
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:36 AM

what would be the point of someone taking them and putting them in his drawer.   If they had taken them they would of just thrown them out.   I had an incident like that once it was my house keys, the keys to the lock box and hte mailbox.  For 3 days I couldnt find them then my dd's boyfriend shows up and says oh hey i have ur keys.

mommersx4
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:06 AM

I can't believe I would of done that! It is so automatic that I put them in the bowl. You don't realize how traumatic it is to lose your keys until it happens. I think it was a mean stunt on the part of one of the teenagers at my home.

nana776
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Do you use that bathroom and do you get in that drawer? If not, I think that maybe one of  the kids may have been up to no good then changed their mind and threw the keys in the drawer.

Niccalyn
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 2:59 PM

I agree with this!

Quoting nana776:

Do you use that bathroom and do you get in that drawer? If not, I think that maybe one of  the kids may have been up to no good then changed their mind and threw the keys in the drawer.

Niccalyn
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 3:36 PM

I agree with this!

Quoting nana776:

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 4:43 PM

I think it was a prank. But my keys always stayed in my handbag (and DH's in his pocket) so we never had this problem.

kali_w2
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:21 PM

First;  you NEED to get duplicates of those keys made ASAP, and put them in a VERY safe place.

One of the kids may be a nasty prankster.  You need to be very watchfull when ever they are around.

I almost hate to say this, but... I think you need to consider that at least one of those keys were duplicated.

02nana07
by Ida on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:04 PM

I would change the locks to the house if you are sure you didn't do it.  If someone took them they might have made a copy to come back when they know you aren't home and help themselves to your stuff just  something you might want to think about. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)