Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Teen paaartyyyy.

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 4:32 PM
  • 15 Replies
So the situation this : Mom and Dad come back home early/ which is me and my husband/ and voala the place is a wreck. Long story short she had a party lots of friend and at first its seemed all right. But a neighbor came and told us that he saw some of the "friend" smoking and drinking and told us that they were older. So now we are mad, but she is us giving attitude any one got any advice ?
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 4:33 PM

How is is the teen you left home ?

drunk.in.love
by New Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I would talk to her first. Confronting her with a "I know you did this and I am livid" attitude will just make her less likely to talk to you. I'd sit her down and say, "So I heard a few questionable things from neighbors about this party. But, I value your opinion above anyone else's and I want to know what your version of the story is."

Start from there and see if she opens up. When kids, especially teens, know that their opinion is valued and that there is no judgment ensuing, then they are more likely to talk. 

Update and let us know how it goes! Good luck!

P.S. How old is your daughter?

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 11, 2014 at 4:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Attitude??? 

Grounding for a long time, from everything.  Phone, friends, computer, car if they have one.  Rock the world.  That is what I would do.  Wonder if it was the first time?  Neighbors don't lie about things like this especially since you know the party happened. 

Alexppp
by New Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:39 AM
Well she is 15 quite "normal", and we did sat dawn and had a very nice chat about alcohol and drugs. She listened, and told us all of it. mmmm seems we had around 20 "guests". mmm yea I will have to check her phone and computer.... dodnt really want to there but it will be done. ty for the response.
regian19832002
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have got in big trouble for having people over without my parents home, ground her and take away her stuff, if she is hanging out with older people might only mean trouble.

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:53 AM

Were you gone an evening, or just a few hours or all day?  I guess I think she had guts to have this party really.  I never had parties unless my parents were gone and I mean gone and I was over 18 for sure, not 15.  My parents even knew about the parties also.  My brother was over 21 and was there too.  

Now you know she can't be trusted.  She knows that many older people.  Not good either.  I would not leave her alone for more than a couple hours.  Trust is broken and she has to re build that. 

Quoting Alexppp: Well she is 15 quite "normal", and we did sat dawn and had a very nice chat about alcohol and drugs. She listened, and told us all of it. mmmm seems we had around 20 "guests". mmm yea I will have to check her phone and computer.... dodnt really want to there but it will be done. ty for the response.

mommyofthezoo03
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

My 15 yr old would not see the light of day for a very looooooooong time nor would she see any technology for even longer. She would have broken every ounce of trust I had in her period. The fact that she is giving you attitude for being mad that she screwed up is simply unacceptable. That would not fly at my house. She is just showing how little she respects you by first having the party and then dishing out the attitude. Good luck iwth that one.

ItsaJOB
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Attitude....when she knew that she probably was in the 'wrong' for having the party?  Grounded for a VERY long time, would be my advice.  Plus, there is no way I would be leaving my 15 year old home by themself overnight, if this is the case.  That's asking for trouble for sure!

chattycassie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:43 PM

I am confused on why you were not mad before. Was the party something you said she could have? I would talk to her about drinking drugs and having older friends.

Alexppp
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:42 AM
Well i didn't ground her before She is now, so here is what happened yesterday : she comes home a bit drunk, and im smelling cigarette smoke on here, and i ask where were you she says none of your business. Well i was struck right there. Now she is grounded no pc, no shopping, she is going to school with me and back and she can only go out with friends i know.
Oh about the her cell phone my husband found some neat software for it and we can now see every thing she does with her phone and where is she at any time. So now i can see who she is chatting with, talking with, on all of her apps, Its great to simply know.
10x for the help
P.S here is the link of the ap i think it helped me alot and i should post it , if you have small children you can track them too.
androidmonitor.com/?affid=441
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)