Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

We always have an open door if people want to pop in. No need to ask. Just come on in. This is the same for family, our friends and DS's friends. 

Our basement has become the main spot inside that DS and his friends hang out in. 

I was out today and the woman I was with said that this was really strange and no way she would allow her kids (when older) to do that. If they wanted friends around they have to ask before. And even then numbers would be limited.

What is your 'policy'?

by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:57 PM
Replies (11-20):
Jessiejack
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:25 PM

I never mind having kids over but I do like them to ask first. We do not have "neighborhood" kids so they would need a ride to come over and I like to know what's going on. 

BelleVernonGirl
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 12:56 AM

I feel the same as you...open door always

Meanolduglyoldm
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 1:04 AM
We had an open door policy at our house, our youngest is now 35 and their friends still stop by, they are all welcomed. We also have grandkids friends stop in during the holidays, starting at the holloween party and on through to New Years Day. No alcohol served to minors, just fun.
suesues
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:47 AM

would like that at least you know what and where kids are 

zacmacsmomm
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:35 AM

We are pretty much open door

chattycassie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:49 AM

My kids ask before having people over. Sometimes they do have friends that stop by with no notice but not too often.

chattycassie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

This is why my kids have to ask. :)

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

We don't have an open door because DH & I both work and I don't trust other people's kids as much as I trust my own. I'm not comfortable with kids going in and out if neither of us is home. On weekends they can have friends over but they do have to ask first. Not because we say no but because it's respectful.

PosinourHarmony
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:16 PM
I have 2 very popular teenage boys....and their best friends are always here....they are like part of the furniture lol! I always have kids who are not biologically mine here. My house is a hang out/safe haven for kids. Good clean fun here and they are not out in the streets up ta no good. Open door policy all day and I love it....wouldn't have it any other way....
happynewyorker
by New Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:21 PM

I don't own a house and my apartment isn't party central. I don't have money to supply chips, drinks for other children. 

I one time heard a women at the local pool saying how she use to have an open door policy for her kids and look what happened.  Her 16 year old daughter was caring for an infant.  She had said she had cold that door for good.

If you can afford it, and it doesn't bother you and you trust your children.  Then why not. 

I

Carmen66
by Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 7:28 AM

Hell no, we work full time and I always told my kids your friends are only allowed here when we are home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN