Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

We always have an open door if people want to pop in. No need to ask. Just come on in. This is the same for family, our friends and DS's friends. 

Our basement has become the main spot inside that DS and his friends hang out in. 

I was out today and the woman I was with said that this was really strange and no way she would allow her kids (when older) to do that. If they wanted friends around they have to ask before. And even then numbers would be limited.

What is your 'policy'?

by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:57 PM
Replies (21-24):
printerr
by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 7:33 AM

I personally do have an open door policy.  But since no one tends to drop by unexpectedly, I don't really know my husband's preferences on this because it has never come up.  I do typically run it by him when I plan to have someone over, to make sure he doesn't have other plans and that it will not disturb him.  On the rare occasion that he invites a friend over, he tells me about it after the invitation, and i'm fine with that. 

sahlady
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 12:25 PM

ask/inform.  In all instances we as a family have a rule of respect.  You dont just assume something is ok... you let others know.  I find it very rude to just show up with people expecting to spend the day at my home with out at least checking with the other members of the family to find out what their plans are.

mombrain1994
by Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Absolutely open door. This way I am aware of what who and where

Quoting mom8-18: We have an open door policy. Our kids and their friends hang out at our place all the time. I figure if they are home they aren't getting into trouble and they are safe.
Linagma03
by Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 2:00 AM

When mine were growing up we had the open house policy. I liked it because I knew where my kids were and the parents seemed to like the idea as well because they knew where their kids were and that they were supervised. The only thing that they had to do was ask permission for the friend/s to stay for dinner or the night. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN