Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Thank goodness she was not invited to the party.

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:52 AM
  • 7 Replies

Last saturday  one of my dd's frieds (at least she thought they were friends) decided to have a get together.  My dd was one of the only girls from her show that was not invited.  My dd had thought her and the girl were pretty good friends and was quite upset that she was not invited.  Well yesterday she gets the scoop on her friends that were at the party.  Apparently everone got really wasted and did very inapropiate things with eachother.  I went to HS parties as a teen myself and watched those around me turn into drunken (insert bad word) i was the non drinker always.   I was the sober friend who kept my friends from doing stupid things. It just seems strange  to me that my dd is at the age where she has friends who behave in such a way.  she is glad now that she didnt go and totally gets why she was not invited.  she had another friend yesterday invite her to a picnic. Which she is happy about.  She's also decided to keep some friends school only friends and will hang out with the type of kids who want to have picnics outside of school.

by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:59 AM

She sounds like a smart girl!

wakymom
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad she sees it now as a good thing she wasn't included, and that she's smart enough to realize some friends she doesn't need to socialize w/ outside of school.

mommyofthezoo03
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 3:55 PM

That is so crazy to think about! I am glad she has her head screwed firmly on.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Glad she didn't get an invite to that party, probably the best thing. Great to hear she is making good choices about who she wants as friends.

acer.acerpori
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:04 PM
She is a smart girl!
kyledavidsmom
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:06 PM
She is a very smart girl making great choices.
Carmen66
by Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 7:24 AM

She is smart and friends like that she dont need. Good for her!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN