Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Teen technology

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:34 PM
  • 17 Replies
My 14 yr daughter use phone and I pad for home work. She does her homework in her room how I know that she is really doing homework or factiming or kick or doing instogram in her room
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chattycassie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:42 PM

I know there is some type of tracker you can load on the IPad and the phone to track the websites they are at. I make my kids do homework at the kitchen table that might also stop her from using sites you do not want her too. Good luck

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine did homework at the kitchen table. Mine didn't have phones. They didn't need it for homework. If they needed the computer they used it in public sight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:57 PM
My phone bill shows every phone call, to who and when.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cybcm
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 1:21 AM

Can't she bring the ipad out into a common area of the house while she is doing her homework so you can see that it is actually being done?

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 2:14 AM

I didn't allow mine to use phones/ipads for homework. The screen is so terrible and small - if internet was required, we had 3 laptops and a desktop - there were plenty of other alternatives. I would randomly surprise her and grab the phone to check it. KIK is also banned in this house because of how dangerous it is.

cybcm
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 4:27 AM
My 12yr old goes to a different high school than her older siblings and her school is one of the ones doing all textbooks on a tablet instead of physical books. The exception being the novels for English.

Can't say that I think it's the best idea, but her older siblings are incredibly jealous of her light school bag, so I see the positives

Quoting GleekingOut:

I didn't allow mine to use phones/ipads for homework. The screen is so terrible and small - if internet was required, we had 3 laptops and a desktop - there were plenty of other alternatives. I would randomly surprise her and grab the phone to check it. KIK is also banned in this house because of how dangerous it is.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:31 AM
Have her come out of her room to do her homework. Too much temptation for a 14 year old
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahlady
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:34 PM
Well ... How are her grades?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
omeed
by New Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:39 AM
It us not working she has lot of hw some time she us not finish until 12 at night she she does hw at home her room and U can need to go work so I need ti sleep

Quoting chattycassie:

I know there is some type of tracker you can load on the IPad and the phone to track the websites they are at. I make my kids do homework at the kitchen table that might also stop her from using sites you do not want her too. Good luck

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:33 PM

If she's not finishing until midnight, she's not staying on task and focusing. Either that or she's not even starting it until late. My DD is a sophomore and starts her homework as soon as she gets home; the longest it take is 2 hours (unless she has a big project she's working on). It shouldn't take 3-4 hours for homework. 

Quoting omeed: It us not working she has lot of hw some time she us not finish until 12 at night she she does hw at home her room and U can need to go work so I need ti sleep
Quoting chattycassie:

Alexis Emma 10-13-1999 - 14 years old
Kirsten Leslie 03-14-2004 - 10 years old
Sarah Mackenzie 08-14-2007 - 6 years old
Charlotte Amelia & Harmon David 04-12-2012 - 23 months old
Angela Victoria 06-09-1996 - 17 years old (niece) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)