Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Does ANYONE have a 13 year old daughter that does THIS!!!

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:21 PM
  • 16 Replies

About 8 months ago I started to notice that my daughter's underwear had what I guess you would call skid marks in them.  Some were more than I would consider a skid mark.  She had this problem when she was little and wanted to wipe herself, but it hadn't happened in years.  I talked to her and it got better.  About a month or so later it happened again, so I quietly talked to her again.  I've asked her if she thinks it's something medical, if she's having any pain, or problems.  She says no, that she just isn't taking the time to wipe.  This seems CRAZY to me.  I remember at 13 occasionally letting my hair get a little greasy - lots of us did.  But this has me baffled.  This has been an almost constant problem for almost two months.  Coincidentally, this was shortly after she turned 13 and some teenage attitude issues started to arise.  I’ve tried talking to her - many many times.  It isn’t helping.  I’m afraid her friends will find out and she will be humiliated.  She is a healthy and very active and athletic girl.  She plays on a very high level volleyball team and much of her time, by her choice, is taken up by practices, tournaments, and hanging out with the team.  I really don’t think there has been any sexual issues with anyone.  I’ve asked her about that too and the answers are the same as they have always been.  

by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SugarrCane
Last minute Christmas shopping today and pizza party tonight!
Yesterday at 12:18 PM
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:19 AM
2 moms liked this

Try putting some baby wipes on the back of the toilet.  Tell her to use those when she goes #2.  That should definitely take care of the problem.  You don't have to buy the baby brand, they have other brands of these types of wipes too. 

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Make HER scrub out the underwear. Make her earn money to buy her own underwear, until then she gets granny panties. I would also try baby wipes like the previous poster suggested.

bizzeemom2717
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:29 AM
Does she have other hygiene issues? I have 2 girls my youngest 16 and I agree this is not normal behavior
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this
She'll get better about this pdq as soon as a team mate sitting next to her, says " what 's that smell?"

This is her deal, she 'll have to overcome it on her own terms.

I 've never heard of being sexually active being connected to POOR hygiene before so I doubt that 's a factor at all.

IMO 13 yr old should know how to wash their own clothes anyway, then it's no even your worry, explain what SHOUT is for and leave her to it.

Growing up is hard to do ... But we all must do it.
suesues
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:48 AM

Yes wipes we all use them 

Maikopmom
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Thank you everyone.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Are you sure it is a wiping issue and not vaginal discharge? I know for the months prior to starting their periods my daughters' panties were very messy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 1:57 AM

I'm thinking the same thing. I remember having discharge for months before actually having my period arrive.

Quoting sahlady: Are you sure it is a wiping issue and not vaginal discharge? I know for the months prior to starting their periods my daughters' panties were very messy

momof35219
by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 2:56 AM

i didnt know girls had skid marks.. my daughter doesnt have this problem. maybe she is just rebelling against you because you keep bringing it up to her.

mom8-18
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I went through this with my DD she was "too busy" to take the time to wipe. After making her clean her own messes she started taking the time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN