Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

My son amazes me

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:18 AM
  • 4 Replies

My son Parker amazes me,he is a good kid and listens very well.Does great in school keeping his grades up and shows it.I have one rule in effect,homework is done first and he does this when coming home from school.I get great comments from his teachers,they say that Parker is respectful and does turn in his work in on time.Parker does not have his bio dad in his life,denies him.He is lucky to have my husband Jason as a great step dad,was taught by my husband to be a gentleman lately.I believe this is from him treating people with respect.My parents even say he is a good kid and treats them with respect.I know that he will grow up to become a respectful young man in life being raised right.

by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tcallisto
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:11 AM
Good for you!! I have a 15 yo ds, Sounds like they are pretty similar. Keep up the good work. I always tell people I'm not just raising my son, I'm raising a future husband/father for someone else someday :-)
angelicav12
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:40 AM

That is what I am doing,I was raised this way also and handed down to me.Parker knows an education is a must in life,get no where without it.

tcallisto
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Good!!!! Society seems to be making it harder to raise good kids. Especially responsible kids.

Quoting angelicav12:

That is what I am doing,I was raised this way also and handed down to me.Parker knows an education is a must in life,get no where without it.

Ewa101
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 3:26 PM

This is a great entry.  We usually focus here on our problems with teenagers; it's great that you acknowledged the good things about your son, and paid tribute to his step dad.  I hope you wrote thoughts  like this on paper, so that your son will be able to read that if not now, then in the future.  I am sure all of our kids, even the most troublesome ones have good sides to them.  It's good to step back and aknowledge what's good about them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN