Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Advice Needed: my daughter just came out to me that she is...

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:12 PM
  • 29 Replies

my daughter just came out to me that she is gay..don't know what to do.please help me.

by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Niccalyn
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:16 PM
6 moms liked this

Tell her you love her no matter what, and give her a hug.

twinsadoddle
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:22 PM

I DiD,BUT I AM SO SHOCK AND CONFUSE....I AM STUCK THIS IS HER FIRST RELATIONSHIP HER FRIEND TOO.SHOULD I MEET HER FRIEND AND HER PARENTS?

tbanana
by New Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Calm down, tell her you are glad she came to you to tell you and that you love her. 

Niccalyn
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:33 PM

How old is your daughter?  I would meet the friend and parents when your daughter is ready; let her take the lead.

twinsadoddle
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:47 PM

SHE'S18.....

JC2223
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Just love her and treat her the same way you always have. 

drfink
by Emily on Mar. 24, 2014 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Now is when she really needs your support and love .Love her like you did before she came out and make sure she knows nothing has changed about how you feel about her.This may or may not change what you saw as her future...big traditional wedding or other things ...that it is ok to miss those mom dreams we all have.

Just make sure she knows you love her the same as always.

drfink
by Emily on Mar. 24, 2014 at 3:39 PM
3 moms liked this

As far ad meeting her gfriend and her parents.I say sure meet the girl friend.Would you meet who she was dating if it was a guy ?Follow the same path.At this stage of their relationship would you meet the parents if it was a guy ?Follow that also..

As far as sleepovers the same rules apply...if it was a guy instead of a girl.A romantic relationship is a romantic relationship no matter the genders involved.

gdiamante
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Do EXACTLY what you would do if it was a boy. NO differences.

Msgme
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

There is really  nothing to do.  Tell her you love her.  Hug her and tell her that she has your support. Be happy that she felt comfortable telling you.  Too many kids can't tell their parents.  I would meet the girl just as i would if it was a boy.  Depending on the stage of the relationship i would meet the parents when my kid felt it was time.  She's exaclty the same kid she was before she came out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)