Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Would you let your 15 year old dd go to senior Prom

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 2:50 PM
  • 23 Replies

This was just a discussion my dd and I had.  No one has asked her but there is a rumor someone was thinking about it.  She's not actually old enough to go on dates yet.  She can hang out in groups which is kinda what prom is but its also a date.  My husband would never let it happen. I will have a hard enough time getting him to let her go to her own prom.  But would you let your dd go to senior prom at 15 with a boy you do not know and who is 18.   The Prom itself would not be an issue  its the "AFTER PROM" where the issue would come up. 

by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Mar. 25, 2014 at 2:51 PM
No.
Moeff
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:06 PM

I went, they aren't going to do anything they wouldn't do anyway. And if after prom is too late then just say no, you can go to the dance period.

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:18 PM

I would if I knew him.   After prom was at our house always so there was no issue there.  Depends on where it was and if the chaperones could be trusted.  Dh was a senior and his freshman year girlfriend went with him. 

Niccalyn
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:40 PM

I don't think I'd let my 15 year old go to prom with an 18 year old boy I'd never met before.  If it was a boy I knew and felt comfortable having him be responsible for my daughter, I'd let her go to the dance but not the after party.

woodswalker
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:56 PM

I would.   But our town is so small I know everyone in it and all the kids and parents.  I would tell her she has to be home within 90 minutes of the prom ending though.

specialwingz
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Whn my dd was 15, she was a Sophomore, dating a senior boy.  We knew him and his family very well.  So, we had no problem with her going to prom with him.  However, we did have a reasonable curfew in place.  He took her to a nice dinner, they had a wonderful time at the prom and were home by curfew.

CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Yes I would.

TheMommyTaxi
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Here, it wouldn't be an issue.  You MUST be a SENIOR to attend or a JUNIOR but only if a SENIOR asks you. No freshman or sophmores allowed, no matter who they are dating.

chattycassie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Nope

Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Yes, but only if we knew the boy well. If the boy was anything like my son, he coldbe trusted. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)