Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

What would you do?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 11:45 PM
  • 16 Replies

My son is 17 and going on a trip with his chorus, they will be gone 4 nights. 

here is my problem..... there is another kid in his chorus that since we moved here 3 years ago has been very physical with my son... it started with poking him with pencils, some pushing, few punches in the arm.. now we havent really made a big deal of these things because this boy is very socially akward and has a few other issues going on and he thinks in his mind he is being funny and that this is how friends act ect.. there is no malice in what he doesnt get that its not ok.... then a couple months ago my son was doing this blind fold experiment thing at school, another student had to give him directions to make it to the next class ect.. well on the way to the next class the boy came up and slammed my son into the wall again thinking it was funny... well my son ended up with a huge gash above his eye, black eye and fat lip. (this kid did feel really bad my son got hurt)

anyway... my son found out today that he has been put in a room with this student.  Im not ok with this... I worry that being stuck in a room together this student will think something up that he thinks is funny and my son would get really hurt.  My husband thinks Im being over reacting (because he is 17) and my son though he doesnt want to room with him doesnt want me to say anything... Me I want to email the teacher and say they cant be roomed together....

by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2gmp2
by New Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:23 AM
2 moms liked this
Send the email.
askmommy
by Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 1:21 AM
Send the email. Best to prevent issues instead of deal with them on a trip. Mention the previous incidents and that you have decided to make formal charges next time it happens and you would prefer to prevent it where possible.
suesues
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

call teacher otherwise asking for trouble 

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 29, 2014 at 9:19 AM

Send an email.  There should be plenty of others he can room with.  Our school would allow kids to pick roommates. 

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Mom2Boys9501
by Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Send an email I would not be ok with that.
Around here if he did those things he would be in trouble.
02nana07
by Ida on Mar. 29, 2014 at 1:47 PM

I would talk to the teacher in person then follow up with an email safety 1st

my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 2:41 PM

I would send the email that my ds had to talk to him about the roommate situation. 

hancex6
by Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 4:13 PM
OMG for a second there I thought you were living my life, lol. Except my son is 13, & it was Boy Scouts not Chorus. Definitely talk to teacher, your kids are never too old to be protected:)
withsecond
by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 4:23 PM

I would let the teacher know you do not want them in the same room. He's had problems with the kid before and it would only be bad to have them room together. 

Senile-felines
by Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 4:35 PM
I agree...

Quoting Mom2Boys9501: Send an email I would not be ok with that.
Around here if he did those things he would be in trouble.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN