• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How early to ask date for prom?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:00 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm just curious when do most of the teens ask someone to prom?  Our prom is in 2 mos. and there hasn't been much asking yet.  For our homecoming it usually starts 6-7 weeks before the dance.  

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:11 PM

I would say for someone who isn't already boyfriend and girlfriend 6 weeks to 2 months in advance.  If you are dating I would say it is a given you would be going. 

wakymom
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Prom is 4/26 for our h.s. According to ds1, kids starting asking about the middle of last month- he told us a couple of boys have somehow managed to ask their girlfriends over the morning announcements.

Niccalyn
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Ours is May 17, but my daughter is a Junior and Prom is only for Seniors at her school, so I don't know if she is really aware of how much 'asking' is going on at this point.  She will be going because her boyfriend is a Senior...he has confirmed he will be taking her but says he plans to ask her in a 'cute' way, so we will see. 

Msgme
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:06 PM

My dd's high school is having prom late may sometime.  The prom proposals started happening early march.  but the dating couples the guys just started their proposals. .   My son wouldnt notice prom if you smacked him with it  lol

Dixieangel35
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 1:12 PM

My 2dd had a date for prom 3 days after school started this fall.

she is going with one of her best friends. She has everything bought. Hair appointment is made. We just have to make nail appointment, order flowers, and pick up an outfit for the post prom lockin.

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 5, 2014 at 1:38 PM
The promposals get on my last nerve. Glad it wasn't going on when mine were in school.

Quoting Msgme:

My dd's high school is having prom late may sometime.  The prom proposals started happening early march.  but the dating couples the guys just started their proposals. .   My son wouldnt notice prom if you smacked him with it  lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)