Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Ds 17 alone in basement with girl?

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 2:44 PM
  • 14 Replies
2 moms liked this

My 5 1/2 year old wouldn't stop bugging them so they finally locked themselves in the basement. My little guy can be a real pest. No matter what I say, he won't leave them alone. But I wonder what's going on down there? Hmm. WWYD?

by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 4, 2014 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

No way.  Would not happen in my house.  Would discipline the little one and they hang out in areas that everyone can go into and never locked in somewhere. 

KawfeeKathy63
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it depends on how long they have been dating, how well you like his gf, and if they are sexually active do they practice safe sex?  I do give my 17 yr old her privacy but every kid is different.

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:29 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd go down, knock and demand the door be opened this instant. I would then tell them that the brother has been dealt with and to please come up to the loungeroom. I don't care if they're sexually active. It will NOT happen in my house.
atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:46 PM
I am 100% on board with what you said.

Quoting GleekingOut: I'd go down, knock and demand the door be opened this instant. I would then tell them that the brother has been dealt with and to please come up to the loungeroom. I don't care if they're sexually active. It will NOT happen in my house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nana776
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:52 PM
3 moms liked this

I would make them come into a common area of the house. No matter what my thoughts are about teens and sex, I would not want that girls angry parents coming to my door, upset with me and my ds, because I allowed it in my house. 

I think it's also a respect issue.

StreetsAhead
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Leave them to it, he's 17 (legal here) shout down to then when food was ready. (Also in my DS case the girl could just be a friend)
(Slightly different as the basement is DS1 domain, it is where he and his friends hang out and I'm never sure who exactly is down there out of his friends)
suesues
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:37 AM

open door and find reason to go down I would send the 5 1/;2 down once and  awhile too 

gracef282
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:54 AM
Its hard when she's not your daughter. Maybe have that meaningful talk to both of them. Let his gf know, you dont want to upset her parents or you. Best ask her parents and sets some boundries and rules.
atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:20 AM
I thought of this. I have girls and would be furious if boys parents allowed that.

Quoting nana776:

I would make them come into a common area of the house. No matter what my thoughts are about teens and sex, I would not want that girls angry parents coming to my door, upset with me and my ds, because I allowed it in my house. 

I think it's also a respect issue.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zacmacsmomm
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 3:36 PM

I would also discipline the little one, I would also find a lot of reasons to go down into the basement

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN