Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

over emotional???

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 11:41 AM
  • 10 Replies
So my daughter graduates next year:( is it just me or is this natural?? I can't even think about her graduating with out getting all emotional! Crying and all!! We are looking in to colleges and so far I can't! A lady called to discuss a tour at a university, I couldn't even speak! I just started crying! And the lady just kept saying ma'am ma'am! I couldn't say any thing so I just hung up.. I'm sure she thought I was crazy:\ if I can't even deal with it how is she gonna find a college! I hate to see me next year:(
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Niccalyn
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Is she the only child left at home?  My oldest graduates next year and I'm not getting emotional (yet), but I'm sure I'll feel differently when my baby (in 3rd grade) is getting ready to graduate!

savingtheworld
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 11:59 AM
No this is my oldest!

Quoting Niccalyn:

Is she the only child left at home?  My oldest graduates next year and I'm not getting emotional (yet), but I'm sure I'll feel differently when my baby (in 3rd grade) is getting ready to graduate!

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 10, 2014 at 11:59 AM

I didn't cry except when we dropped her off and only for a few minutes.  I was nostalgic a lot.  I guess I always look forward to different phases of life.  Happy the teen years were over too. 

You sound a little extreme, not trying to be rude either.  I haven't known anyone to get that upset making a tour. 

savingtheworld
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Haha yes very extreme! I try to hide my emotions from her and she has no idea I'm freaking out!

Quoting atlmom2:

I didn't cry except when we dropped her off and only for a few minutes.  I was nostalgic a lot.  I guess I always look forward to different phases of life.  Happy the teen years were over too. 

You sound a little extreme, not trying to be rude either.  I haven't known anyone to get that upset making a tour. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:04 PM

I loved the college visits.  Only got to do it with our youngest because our oldest went to massage therapy school.  Well, did go with dd to the massage school but not the same. 

Quoting savingtheworld: Haha yes very extreme! I try to hide my emotions from her and she has no idea I'm freaking out!
Quoting atlmom2:

savingtheworld
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:34 PM
Maybe it's because I had her when I was a teenager. I just can't believe she has made it this far and how well she has done. I'm so excited for her and I know she will do great, I just have to get past my emotions! Her 11th grade prom is Saturday and so far iv been able to dodge helping her, and I thought she was going to her dad's this weekend nope he just called and had something come up so now I Have to help her.. Gahh I sound so crazy.. smh

Quoting atlmom2:

I loved the college visits.  Only got to do it with our youngest because our oldest went to massage therapy school.  Well, did go with dd to the massage school but not the same. 

Quoting savingtheworld: Haha yes very extreme! I try to hide my emotions from her and she has no idea I'm freaking out!

Quoting atlmom2:

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:41 PM

I had mine around 30ish, but I don't think age really does have a thing to do with it.  We have friends how had their kids around 40 and I guess they will be glad to get them in college, LOL.  They are our age 53 and 52 and their kids are in middle and grade school.  Our girls are 23 and 20. 

Quoting savingtheworld: Maybe it's because I had her when I was a teenager. I just can't believe she has made it this far and how well she has done. I'm so excited for her and I know she will do great, I just have to get past my emotions! Her 11th grade prom is Saturday and so far iv been able to dodge helping her, and I thought she was going to her dad's this weekend nope he just called and had something come up so now I Have to help her.. Gahh I sound so crazy.. smh
Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting atlmom2:

savingtheworld
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:48 PM
Wow older parents, I also have 2 boys that i had in my 20's and I often wonder is it easier to have kids while your younger 20-30 or late in life? I baby sit a little boy that is 4 and I'm like gee I can't imagine doing this all over again!

Quoting atlmom2:

I had mine around 30ish, but I don't think age really does have a thing to do with it.  We have friends how had their kids around 40 and I guess they will be glad to get them in college, LOL.  They are our age 53 and 52 and their kids are in middle and grade school.  Our girls are 23 and 20. 

Quoting savingtheworld: Maybe it's because I had her when I was a teenager. I just can't believe she has made it this far and how well she has done. I'm so excited for her and I know she will do great, I just have to get past my emotions! Her 11th grade prom is Saturday and so far iv been able to dodge helping her, and I thought she was going to her dad's this weekend nope he just called and had something come up so now I Have to help her.. Gahh I sound so crazy.. smh

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting atlmom2:

suesues
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Let it go let it go

butzi
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:20 AM
This was interesting to me. I had 2 girls in my 20s, 2 boys in my 30s and now I have a three year old to raise. I am 50. There are advantages to all of the situations. In my 20s I had the most energy, but I was pretty uptight. I wanted everything to be perfect. In my 30s I was more patient, but a lot busier. I had a lot of balls to keep in the air. I did learn to relax more. I continued to learn a lot about parenting through my 40s until we got our "unexpected blessing" . She is the joy of our lives! I am sooooo much more patient and laid back. I really think about which things are worth stressing over. I am much more willing to let little things go. We still discipline and teach her how to behave, we're just more easy going, which has, I think helped her to be fairly relaxed as well. On the other hand. It is exhausting, and I don't have a lot of common experiences with my friends.

Quoting savingtheworld: Wow older parents, I also have 2 boys that i had in my 20's and I often wonder is it easier to have kids while your younger 20-30 or late in life? I baby sit a little boy that is 4 and I'm like gee I can't imagine doing this all over again!

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting atlmom2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)