Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

volunteering for 14/15 year olds?

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 9:23 AM
  • 4 Replies

My 14 yo DS (turns 15 in early July) is looking for something to do as a volunteer this summer and everything we've found so far says you need to be 18.  Anyone have any ideas for volunteer opportunities for younger teens?

by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Carmel63
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 9:33 AM

My son will be doing a few weeks of volunteer work through the church.  He will work in a food pantry, clear trails, work a vegetable garden, help with the animals at a farm affiliated with Heifer International, among other things.

Renilia
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 9:34 AM

My 14yr old SD volunteers at the animal shelter she will be 15 in June. She has also volunteered at food banks and the Teen Center. Have your son ask around his school, teachers, counselor, nurse and even the dean. I'm sure there is somewhere.

Msgme
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Animal shelters are great    during the school year my dd walks dogs   If you have a botanical gardens /zoo you can check with them.  OUrs have a teen volunteer program.  Library is good.  here you have to be 16 to read to younger kids bt you can voulunteer putting books away and stuff.  Sometimes Hospitals have a teen volunteer program.  Our elementary school keeps the library open all summer long for anyone in the neigborhood and thats where my dd started her tutoring job.  She started out tutoring kids/adults learn english as a volunteer.  N ow she has several paying clients that she tutors.

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 19, 2014 at 1:49 PM
Animal shelters are best. We have local places that give clothes and household stuff away. We have a club Key Club which is a volunteer organization.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)