Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Advice Needed: How do you raise twin daughters without a father to...

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 4:01 AM
  • 10 Replies
How do you raise twin
daughters without a
father,to grow up okay
emotionally?
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 4:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 4:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Firstly; do your research. Check statistics of what it's like for girls without fathers, look up stories, just read. Then you talk to them. Tell them about the statistic's and stories you've read. Tell them you want better for them. Talk to them about what guys are truly like (that they WILL tell you what you want to hear to get into bed), talk about the double standards between men and women and how much men get away with compared to women. Talk about pregnancy, STD's, the emotional aspect of sex. Talk about drugs, school, college, jobs, life in general and revisit the conversations OFTEN. And then listen. Just listen to them. Not all kids without a dad go crazy. Mine didn't. (generally speaking -she had her issues) But remember, as much as you love them and talk to them - they're still teens and need to be checked up on. Make sure they're where they say they'll be and who they say they'll be with.

eeeehhhh
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Well thank you,I have done some reading on the topic,but I had found it so heartbreaking just reading about such a touchy ,sad, but real situation.Maybe I am reading the wrong books or stories that were negative as a result.How do i explain to them what happens to girls and thier feelings ,when dad is not present,so they can relate and possibly find a positive wa to understand thier situation and find solution to how they can see it through and still be happy? And thanks again
eeeehhhh
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 11:53 PM
Well thank you,I have done some reading on the topic,but I had found it so heartbreaking just reading about such a touchy ,sad, but real situation.Maybe I am reading the wrong books or stories that were negative as a result.How do i explain to them what happens to girls and thier feelings ,when dad is not present,so they can relate and possibly find a positive wa to understand thier situation and find solution to how they can see it through and still be happy? And thanks again
gdiamante
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:28 AM

You treat them the way YOU would WANT to be treated. I think there are a lot of damaged women out there who should have grown up WITHOUT their fathers.

Your profile only lists one daughter, age 16? 

StreetsAhead
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 4:35 AM
I was raised without a mother and don't scare yourself with facts and figures too much new research says that children are no less happy if raised by one parent
atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 25, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Can you have them see an uncle or other male figure they could be close to?

suesues
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 3:51 PM

you can do it i did a 5 and 7 yr old turned out fine it comes naturally look to relatives for help 

eeeehhhh
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 11:25 AM
I do not have any positive. Relatives that i can turn to,i sure wish i did.
Saphira1207
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 11:41 AM

The same way you raise any child with only one parent in the home .....  one day at a time, lots of open discussions on pretty much any topic and with lots of love.  If you get opposite sex family members or friends involved it'll be less difficult.

Quoting eeeehhhh: How do you raise twin daughters without a father,to grow up okay emotionally?

eeeehhhh
by on May. 1, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Mobile Photo

So far they turned out to be great people,but i was wondering along the lines of ,what does a girl need as far as in place of the absent father,what do they seek as adults?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)