Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Help with a broken heart

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:09 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hello,  I am trying really hard to help my daughter.  Her boyfriend broke up with her and she is so heart broken.  It is really hard to watch.  We are all devastated for her.

by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
OHgirlinCA
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Distract her.  Play a board game with her, take her to a movie, encourage her to do something with her friends.  She'll get through it.  It stinks, but it's part of growing up and it teaches us how to deal with disappointments.

MamaGabriela
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:18 PM

Thank you for your response.  We are defenitly keeping her busy.  The nights are hard.  She starts to miss him and crys. I've been sleeping with her (she asked me).  It really breaks my heart to see this happen.  She is really trying.  I just don't know what more to say to her.  I'm thinking that I will not ask  her anymore and wait until she starts to talk and then only give advise if asked.

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

She will have to work through it.  As we know heartbreak is a part of life and needed to move through life.  How old is she and how long were they together. 

My dd took a year to get over one guy at 18 and at 22 she really moved on from a 2 year relationship after a few months.  Must have been more maturity.  It was something she had to deal with.  We supported her but nothing we said or did mattered, she had to move on. 

Niccalyn
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Went through this with my oldest a year ago.  I took my DD on a mother/daughter day the Saturday after the breakup (I think it was on a Tuesday).  We got mani/pedis and went shopping.  Got her a few new outfits so she'd feel like a million bucks at school that week.  It didn't 'fix' everything, and she continued to have ups and downs for awhile, but it really did seem to get her on the road to recovery.  He was her first love and I don't know if she will ever be truly over him (she still refuses to speak to him and it's been a year), but she has moved on and is currently having an argument with her new boyfriend over whether she should go to a party without him this weekend.  Ah, teen drama!

Monsita
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2014 at 3:19 AM
How is she doing?
How are things now?

Hugs your way.

Quoting MamaGabriela:

Thank you for your response.  We are defenitly keeping her busy.  The nights are hard.  She starts to miss him and crys. I've been sleeping with her (she asked me).  It really breaks my heart to see this happen.  She is really trying.  I just don't know what more to say to her.  I'm thinking that I will not ask  her anymore and wait until she starts to talk and then only give advise if asked.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)