Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Anxious D's BF Heading to Concert Out of Town w/Coed Group

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 8:02 AM
  • 15 Replies

D15's BF is heading to a (preplanned) concert in another town with a group of friends. BF's is going with sister, but so is another girl who is not trustable. She is the friend of a mean girl with whom my daughter had a falling out earlier this year. The mean girl seems dead set on doing things to hurt my daughter (from stalking on SM to going to where she studies music to stalk her).

The mean girl's friend who is going would seem to do anything to gain the favor of mean girl. It just amazes me how mean girls can be! From the concert festival, pictures will be posted (I'm afraid this could hurt DD's feelings - don't you just despise SM for teens?)

My daughter has plans this weekend and is overdoing making plans as she I feel that she may feel excluded and a bit hurt.

I so would so much appreciate any advice or guidance on how to help her cope with the possible pictures posted and anything else that may come her way. Thank you so much!  

by on May. 2, 2014 at 8:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Serendipitous1
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 8:02 AM

BUMP!

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 2, 2014 at 8:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Stay out of friend drama as much as possible.  Your dd may need to find new friends.  Friends come and go in HS and most of the time friends you have freshman year you will not have a year from now.  That was my experience. 

gdiamante
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

She knows they're trying to hurt her...tell her it's a REALLYT STUPID PERSON who tries to hurt another online and why is she going to waste her time being hurt by a REALLY STUPID PERSON? 

Online ain't real. She should BLOCK all the accounts that may include this REALLY STUPID PERSON. And tell her to just dump Facebook altogether. Biggest time-waster in the world. People with an active Facebook life tend to have no other life, you know?

gdiamante
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

And report the stalking to the cops, please. 

Serendipitous1
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
She's moved on and this mean girl had to change schools. I do stay out of it, but keep an open dialog with DD. Just afraid she will be hurt by picture postings she may come across. But, if the BF is a good guy it should be fine. If not, it's will be a painful end for DD and the relationship. Thank you for your advice.

Quoting atlmom2:

Stay out of friend drama as much as possible.  Your dd may need to find new friends.  Friends come and go in HS and most of the time friends you have freshman year you will not have a year from now.  That was my experience. 

jlg12678
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Why don't you block the friends who are mean to her online? If they post pics on facebook she won't see them even if they tag other friends in them.

Quoting Serendipitous1: She's moved on and this mean girl had to change schools. I do stay out of it, but keep an open dialog with DD. Just afraid she will be hurt by picture postings she may come across. But, if the BF is a good guy it should be fine. If not, it's will be a painful end for DD and the relationship. Thank you for your advice.
Quoting atlmom2:

MamaLoriLee
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 4:10 PM
2 moms liked this
That's life and how we learn lessons.
Mlhmcb
by New Member on May. 3, 2014 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I would remind her how cool it is that she gets to see the pictures as they're taken.  Remember back in our days, with cameras and FILM :).

Encourage her to be happy for BF, and that being a couple with hobbies apart from each other is good for their relationship, gives them things to talk about and perhaps even introduce to each other.  Maybe encourage her to think of good questions she can ask him based on the pics - "the group sitting behind you looked so old, were they a drag?"  Or, "you had good weather, I'm so glad you had fun!"  The BF is likely going to be amicable with the mean girl wannabe because he has to endure the trip with her AND because she's friends with his sister -- if he can do that, chances are he's a pretty decent guy that your DD caught!!

I admire your proactive approach!!  Hang in there :)

Serendipitous1
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 9:04 AM

Quoting Mlhmcb:

I would remind her how cool it is that she gets to see the pictures as they're taken.  Remember back in our days, with cameras and FILM :).

Encourage her to be happy for BF, and that being a couple with hobbies apart from each other is good for their relationship, gives them things to talk about and perhaps even introduce to each other.  Maybe encourage her to think of good questions she can ask him based on the pics - "the group sitting behind you looked so old, were they a drag?"  Or, "you had good weather, I'm so glad you had fun!"  The BF is likely going to be amicable with the mean girl wannabe because he has to endure the trip with her AND because she's friends with his sister -- if he can do that, chances are he's a pretty decent guy that your DD caught!!

Serendipitous1
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Quoting Mlhmcb:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)