Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

My 16 year old pulls out her hair!

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 4:22 PM
  • 2 Replies
We have been dealing with this since she was about 9. I looked at her one day after school and she had NO eyebrows, NO eyelashes, & a BIG bald area at her hairline. She has beautiful red hair with the classic porceline skn and blue eyes. She got picked on relentlessly. For that and she had an over bite. They called her names like Beaver and worse. They picked on her for her brought red hair, for her fair skin, for her teeth, & for having an autistic brother. When we saw what it is doing to her we pulled her out and began hone schooling her. It helped a lot. Her hair he back and her self-esteem improved. We moved out of state and she wanted to try school again. The kids were nice and she blossomed. We moved back trio or old city for work but moved where she'd go to a different school. Things were fine. But the next year we had no choice but to move back to where the kids would go back with those same kids. By this time she was in middle school. She learned to deal with the kids and stress. By high school it was to much again. Off go the lashes and brows. I pulled her out and told my husband I was not sending her back. We moved. We are now at a place where she LOVES school and the kids. She decided to repeat the 9th grade to start her high schooling off fresh. It's amazing here. The kids are so very nice. She had a lot of friends and even joined sports and lettered! Today I noticed she had made a bald spot in the top of her head. I don't know what to do. How do I help her. She is finally in a place full of exceptance and niceness. It just breaks my heart.
by on May. 4, 2014 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
atlmom2
by Susie on May. 4, 2014 at 4:48 PM

She needs counseling. 

Hannahluvsdogs
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:23 PM

That's a psych disorder called trichotillomania. She needs to be in therapy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)