Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Mom and Daughter special relationships

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:38 PM
  • 24 Replies

Does anybody else here have a really close relationship with their teen daughter?  My ex left me 10 years ago, and it has just been her and I together ever since then.

by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nebcutie
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 6:41 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes me and my dd are really close. She is even getting my sympathy pains right now and its funny. Wish should would stop eating everything i am craving though!! Lol
atlmom2
by Susie on May. 4, 2014 at 6:42 PM
I feel close but not like you are pprobably describing. They have their own lives now they are out of HS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmericanChild82
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes! We are super close. I'm the mom that all her friends come to for help and advice. I'm not critical or hard core like some of the other parents. She is my oldest child so we did a lot of growing up and learning the ropes together. She said our relationship reminds her of Rory and Lorelei of the Gilmore Girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmericanChild82
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes! We are super close. I'm the mom that all her friends come to for help and advice. I'm not critical or hard core like some of the other parents. She is my oldest child so we did a lot of growing up and learning the ropes together. She said our relationship reminds her of Rory and Lorelei of the Gilmore Girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nebcutie
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this
That is us too! We love that show!

Quoting AmericanChild82: Yes! We are super close. I'm the mom that all her friends come to for help and advice. I'm not critical or hard core like some of the other parents. She is my oldest child so we did a lot of growing up and learning the ropes together. She said our relationship reminds her of Rory and Lorelei of the Gilmore Girls.
BarbaraAnn33
by on May. 4, 2014 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

It is a very special relationship, yes...  I am trying to give her more space though, she always wants to be together, even at night, I admit we cuddle sleep together

jcm28
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 7:09 PM
Nope try to but not really
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on May. 5, 2014 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a special relationship with my youngest but that's because it seems like I'm her only friend.  She's been chronically ill for about a year now and at home since christmas

Serendipitous1
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

YES! My DD (15) and I are very close. I feel that this is a blessing. You are lucky to be close to your daughter. She is lucky, too!  Sometimes we must experience life's most heartbreaking challenges to realize just how fortunate we are.

Beachdeprived
by on May. 5, 2014 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I would say I am pretty darn close to my DD... she's almost 13... but I don't want to be so close that she thinks I am her friend versus parent.... and honestly as we get closer to the teens years, I feel the tension coming on so my hopes are not real high right now.. hopefully we just get past the teen years!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)