Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Easier to Friend Boy or Girl Moms?

Posted by on May. 5, 2014 at 6:56 PM
  • 7 Replies
Have DD and DS, and I find I still identify and have long friendships with the boy moms. My first born is a boy. I'm friends with DDs friends parents, but find I am also closer friends with mostly the moms of the boys in her grade. Would like to hear others experiences. Thank you.
by on May. 5, 2014 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BarbaraAnn33
by on May. 5, 2014 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I mostly make connections with my daughter's friend's moms.  Many of them are single, like me.  It feels great to hook up with other moms, when our daughters are together doing things, I usually invite a mom over for tea, or drinks, and it's a lot of fun getting to get to know them better, sometimes a lot of fun, lol

cybcm
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 4:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I have 5, 3 girls, two boys.
There have been friends of all whose parents I have gotten along with, and friends of all with whom I haven't.
StreetsAhead
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 5:42 AM
I'm not friends with any of the parents of DS1's friends
cege
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I have friends that are the parents of both my son's and daughter's friends. But honestly I try to find friends not connected to my kids in any way. Teens change and their friends change and I'm more comfortable not having a stake in it in any way.
Niccalyn
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I have all girls, but now that you mention it, the moms of my daughters' 'guy friends' have always been friendlier than the moms of their 'girl friends.'  I wonder if the boy moms are just needing some female bonding that the girl moms already get with their daughters?  Interesting point you've made!

Serendipitous1
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 6:20 PM
I notice the same thing and also something else... my kids are so far apart in age that I am not an overly controlling mom with my DD. I guide her gently, but I don't book her up with activities. I noticed some of the girls moms are overly controlling in the aspect of overbooking activities in our community.

Quoting Niccalyn:

I have all girls, but now that you mention it, the moms of my daughters' 'guy friends' have always been friendlier than the moms of their 'girl friends.'  I wonder if the boy moms are just needing some female bonding that the girl moms already get with their daughters?  Interesting point you've made!

Serendipitous1
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 6:23 PM
Yes, I have many "Auntie Mame" friends w/o kids. They are dear, longtime friends and part of my kiddos lived.

Quoting cege: I have friends that are the parents of both my son's and daughter's friends. But honestly I try to find friends not connected to my kids in any way. Teens change and their friends change and I'm more comfortable not having a stake in it in any way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN