Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

upset daughter

Posted by on May. 12, 2014 at 7:23 AM
  • 8 Replies
My 14 yr dd came to me crying today she started her period in Nov in gave her plenty of information asked her to track it and today she breaks down. She has been getting it every 2 weeks and it is lasting over 7 days. It am calling the Dr when the office opens. Anyone else ever have irregular cycles in am so regular intervals can set the clock by it. She was so scared and upset any advice or comment s would be helpful. Thank you moms
by on May. 12, 2014 at 7:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2014 at 7:38 AM

mine were irregular since I started even on BC pills.I also had cramping so bad I was on medication. I would stay in my bedroom and cry and vomit for 2 days.

I hope her Dr can help her. Make sure she is getting plenty of iron.

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 12, 2014 at 9:34 AM

They can be irregular at first.  Very normal.  Every 2 weeks is VERY unusual though.  Is counting from the first day to the first day? 

Msgme
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2014 at 10:23 AM

I was irregular for years and my 15 year old is also very irregular.  She got hers while she was in elementary school. Shes more regular now then she was in the past but still not perfect.  Where as my 11 year old so far has been like clock work but she lasts a while. 

However my mill used to tell me her mother got hers twice a month.  But it was never regular even at the twice a month she couldnt figure out when she was going to till she got it. She always said her irregular schedule was the cause of her 12 kids  lol.  But this was back in the 1930's and 1940's

leahbeah143
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Mine were extremely irregular and really heavy when I first started mine.

Jessiejack
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2014 at 9:14 PM

My 16yr old has been on BC since she was 11yrs old. Without it she would have her period for weeks on end. 

mombrain1994
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Thanks Ladies  she was so upset she has a gyne appt at my Dr and I explained to her how that could go.  The nurse was very helpful when I called in  

Bajanmama
by on May. 13, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Hormone imbalance can cause them to double up. If she goes on a pill it could help regulate her cycle.

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 13, 2014 at 10:20 AM

I doubt they will do an exam unless they have to.  My obgyn doesn't do an exam until age 21 even if they are sexually active. 

Quoting mombrain1994:

Thanks Ladies  she was so upset she has a gyne appt at my Dr and I explained to her how that could go.  The nurse was very helpful when I called in  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN