Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Are your teens working this summer?

Posted by   + Show Post

Both of my nephews will be working at my friends family business this summer before football practice starts in early August. 

Do your teens have a summer job lined up or will they be working in another capacity?

by on May. 13, 2014 at 1:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
Jessiejack
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2014 at 8:51 PM

My DD almost 16 will be working as a lifeguard and swim instructor all summer. 

Mommy2Boys0900
by Donnie's Mom on May. 13, 2014 at 9:11 PM
My oldest is 13 and I don't have any thing lined up for him yet.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2014 at 10:34 AM

We're moving to a different state this summer, so a job wouldn't be possible. His job will be packing up his stuff!

StreetsAhead
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 7:53 AM

DS is too young here (plus summer is only 6 weeks) 

Though in the 10 days he is in Germany he does help out at his uncles pharmacy

Kageegirl
by on May. 15, 2014 at 8:14 AM
My Aunt is 15 years old. While be 16 years old July 3rd. My mom has been pushing her to get a summer job. I don't think she will have time. She os going into her junior year of highschool next year. She has a 4.0 grade point average and is on the honor society. She is in all honors and prep classes for college. She made jv dance team this year. She got excepted onto the school newspaper. She is also taking extra classes online this summer hecause she wants to graduate early with honors. I saw here dance schedule and pratice starts june 4th and is 3 times a week for the whole summer and then towards the end of summer they have their week long cheer camp. I think mom needs to lay off on making her get a job.
Carmen66
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:02 AM
My daughter would most likely go back to Kmart for the summer.
almburr
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Yep. Dd19 is a pool manager and head lifeguard, plus works at the bowling alley at night

Dd15. Lifeguard and babysitting
Ds13. Roofing
Dd12 odd jobs for elderly around town
Ds10. Helps me. Garden work
4HMomto3
by on May. 15, 2014 at 12:41 PM

My DD is only 12 so no paying job, but she will be working in the form of community service at the local Wildlife refuge, in town, and at the elderly neighbors down the road. She also will be working at a local fisheree held in July with the 4-h Ambassadors and prepairing for the county fair. 

My 17yo step-DD volunteers at an Autistic Day Camp. 

mrsclifton
by New Member on May. 16, 2014 at 7:11 AM
My ds is 15 and begging to work. However, its very hard for him to find a job in our city because the majority of businesses want someone 16 or older. I have encouraged him to inquire at rec centers or libraries. I even told him to create flyers offering to help the elderly in the neighborhood. Any other suggestions?
AutumnGrace77
by Member on May. 16, 2014 at 7:22 PM

My 14 and 12 yr olds will be helping their dad out on the farm. Probably just 2 or 3 hours a per day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)