Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

What would you do if you think your young teen is having sex?

Posted by on May. 30, 2014 at 10:11 AM
  • 15 Replies

Over the past year my daughter's best friend became her boyfriend and now I'm very concerned about where this is leading/or has lead - both are not quite 15 years old.  They really are very good friends and do seem to genuinely care about each other with more depth than most their age...BUT with this concern should I stop them from seeing each other?  When they are at our house the doors are open...same at his mom's house but not so sure about his dad's house.  I have talked to her about sex, consequences, and everything in between probably since she was around 9 years old.  I'm very concerned that these two seem to think they'll always be together so they are more inclined to further their physical relationship.  I really am looking for some advice or words of wisdom.

by on May. 30, 2014 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on May. 30, 2014 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Talk, talk, talk about sex and your morals.  Watch them like a hawk. 

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on May. 30, 2014 at 10:36 AM
4 moms liked this

You raised her, you talked honestly with her now you have to trust her. I would be preaching that when  or IF she decides to become sexually active she knows to come and you will get her on BC. That Condoms are a MUST not an option !!!   Sex without one is like playing Russian Roulette !!!

One thing I did that I believe helped was sat down with my kids and we talked. I explained that should they become parent before being educated and finding a good career, they would be finding life awful tough. We got a newspaper and I had them find a job they could qualify right then and there. We figured out how much they would earn if they worked 40 hours week. Then we looked and found an apt they could afford on that money. Then found how much car & car insurance would be. Apt wasn't on bus line. Came up with estimated Electric and heat bill. Well buy then there was NO money for food, new clothes, gas for car OR anything a baby would need.

HopeAlive
by on May. 30, 2014 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I hear your concern, mama! It's evident that you care deeply for her, and I strongly encourage you to talk to her about it...especially with her being so young. I think I actually know of an article on this too...would you like me to send it over? :)

Beachdeprived
by Member on May. 30, 2014 at 4:10 PM

THIS IS AN AWESOME IDEA!! Love it!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

You raised her, you talked honestly with her now you have to trust her. I would be preaching that when  or IF she decides to become sexually active she knows to come and you will get her on BC. That Condoms are a MUST not an option !!!   Sex without one is like playing Russian Roulette !!!

One thing I did that I believe helped was sat down with my kids and we talked. I explained that should they become parent before being educated and finding a good career, they would be finding life awful tough. We got a newspaper and I had them find a job they could qualify right then and there. We figured out how much they would earn if they worked 40 hours week. Then we looked and found an apt they could afford on that money. Then found how much car & car insurance would be. Apt wasn't on bus line. Came up with estimated Electric and heat bill. Well buy then there was NO money for food, new clothes, gas for car OR anything a baby would need.

3kids4me333
by New Member on May. 31, 2014 at 6:30 PM

LOVE IT - thanks!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

sweetdaisyv1
by New Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Ya all you can do is talk to them and hope they make the right decisions
mrobinson44
by New Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 11:52 PM
I did all that..my DD still ended up pregnant at 17.

Quoting atlmom2:

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 1, 2014 at 11:54 PM
Sometimes it works. Nothing is 100%.

Quoting mrobinson44: I did all that..my DD still ended up pregnant at 17.

Quoting atlmom2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BGarcel
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:43 AM

Quoting mrobinson44: I did all that..my DD still ended up pregnant at 17.
Quoting atlmom2:

Did she know she could come to you for birth control? Did she feel comfortable coming to you for birth control or felt like you would instead tighten control?

BGarcel
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:44 AM

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I agree with this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)