Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

would you wear what she wanted you to wear

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:48 AM
  • 16 Replies

My usual style of clothes is a pair of somewhat baggy jeans (not that baggy just not  that fitting or sweat/jogging pants  and a t-shirt.. I wear the jeans when i need to dress better than jogging pants. When I go to one of the kids functions at school or something i have dress pants and what my grandma would call blouses.  I've lost some weight which means jeans get a belt and my sweats are adjustable. I really haven't had much of a chance to dress up in a while.  A couple of weeks ago I had to be at my dd's school and the pants i was planning on wearing well they didn't fit anymore. Belt was not working  so i got a lil stressed. then i remembered m friend recently gave me a cpl pairs of skinny jeans.  I had never worn skinny jeans before. I was kinda strapped for time so i put on the jeans grabbed a shirt that went well.   I fully intended to apologize to my dd for not dressing dressier but she really liked my outfit that day,.  worked out well.   I've since had my dress pants fixed and they fit and I have to be at her school again tonight.  So i was getting my clothes ready last night when my dd came to me and asked if she could pick out my outfit.   She wants me to wear a pair of skinny jeans again a tank top and pull over shirt that's kinda like a pull over sweater but not a sweater.  Its an outfit that she has worn.    Just feels weird wearing an outfit that my 15 year old has worn at my age.

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:54 AM

I would not wear what my kids want me to wear.  I would wear something suitable though. 

3kids4me333
by New Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

You should wear what you want and be comfortable in it, but it seems like your daughter thinks her mom looks good in a little more trendy clothing so at least that could be taken as a compliment!  :-)

Niccalyn
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I would probably wear it.  My kids have complimented my outfits from time to time; a couple of months ago I wore skinny jeans, a sweater and boots to a function and my 14YO DD said, "OMG mom you look so cute!  This is like an outfit that half the girls at my school have worn!"  She was super excited, and I was happy that my outfit made her happy.  They have also told me, however, that they are glad I don't dress like a teenager like some of their classmates' moms, so I guess there is a fine line.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:39 PM
On that instance sure. You had I'll fitting clothing and she was happy when you found an out fit that fit you properly. I then it sweet.

Perhaps you should indulge in a shopping trip and get some clothes that fit better snd compliment you weight loss
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cybcm
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:41 PM
If they had a point, sure.

Sounds like you got stuck in a rut with your clothes and your daughter wants you to get out of it.
Msgme
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Well that day I was in pretty bad shape with my clothes.  I was swiimming in my slacks but i've since had them taken in and i've even gotten some new ones.  Tight fitting jeans are just usually not my thing in fact jeans in general just always seemed not dressy enough.  Was talking to Dh about it and he has a point.  He says i tend to over dress when going to see her teachers or a show. Like everytime i go I'm dressed for a graudation ceremony or something.   My grandma always taught me to have my out and about clothes and then my dressy clothes   Think tonight i'm gonna go somewhere in the middle.  I don't want to look like a teen but don't wanna look ready for  a wedding either. 

Quoting sahlady: On that instance sure. You had I'll fitting clothing and she was happy when you found an out fit that fit you properly. I then it sweet. Perhaps you should indulge in a shopping trip and get some clothes that fit better snd compliment you weight loss

sahlady
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh... That gives me a clearer picture.

Quoting Msgme:

Well that day I was in pretty bad shape with my clothes.  I was swiimming in my slacks but i've since had them taken in and i've even gotten some new ones.  Tight fitting jeans are just usually not my thing in fact jeans in general just always seemed not dressy enough.  Was talking to Dh about it and he has a point.  He says i tend to over dress when going to see her teachers or a show. Like everytime i go I'm dressed for a graudation ceremony or something.   My grandma always taught me to have my out and about clothes and then my dressy clothes   Think tonight i'm gonna go somewhere in the middle.  I don't want to look like a teen but don't wanna look ready for  a wedding either. 

Quoting sahlady: On that instance sure. You had I'll fitting clothing and she was happy when you found an out fit that fit you properly. I then it sweet.

Perhaps you should indulge in a shopping trip and get some clothes that fit better snd compliment you weight loss

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 4:18 AM

Yes. I always ask my daughters for their opinions! They love it, and it makes me feel special lol.

Ewa101
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 7:29 AM

I also am in a clothing rut, and appreciate my girls (28 and 26) buying me clothes - they are so different than mine.  You also should be proud and happy that you can fit into your daughter's clothes.

suesues
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 7:51 AM

yes go for it sounds like you need new clothes with your weight loss go shopping with dau or girlfriends 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)