Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MamaBear BEST APP EVER PIOG

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:59 PM
  • 12 Replies

My SIL told me about this app over the weekend it is free and a great way to track what the kids are doing. http://mamabearapp.com/ 

I have installed it on all the kids phones. I LOVE IT  

Would you ever track you kids? Have you? Do you have an app for it? 

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chattycassie
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:58 PM

BUMP!

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 4:16 AM

Nope because she's 22.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 10:22 AM

If my teens gave me a reason not to trust them I'd look into an app like that but so far they haven't.

Momofmenagerie
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 10:47 AM
I would not even think of installing or making my teen install this

It's pretty much stalking IMO and is the epitome of a helicopter parenting. I have my child's passwords and he v
Can text me a 911 at any time. I guess I trust my son more than that..
atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 3, 2014 at 10:54 AM

All kids are gonna go places they are not supposed to go at some point or another.  I never did get an App for my girls. 

mollymolly
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Thanks for sharing.  I'll definitely consider getting this for both of my kids.  I'd like to know when my son is speeding.  More importantly, I'd like for him to know I know he's speeding!  And this will make it easy to keep up with who my 13 yr old daughter is talking to online.  I check her phone periodically.  She's told me of two incidents where a grown man (different ones) wanted to follow her or communicate with her online.    

I also like the idea of knowing where she is on a map.  I wouldn't use that feature with my son unless he gives me reason to not trust him, and I wouldn't use it with my daughter either, unless the unthinkable should happen.  

chattycassie
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 4:05 PM

It IS stalking and safety, if someone snatches my kids up I have a GPS location of them.

Quoting Momofmenagerie: I would not even think of installing or making my teen install this It's pretty much stalking IMO and is the epitome of a helicopter parenting. I have my child's passwords and he v Can text me a 911 at any time. I guess I trust my son more than that..

chattycassie
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Of course they will I was a TERRIBLE teen I was NEVER where I was supposed to be. I like that I can see where she is at all the time. It makes me feel safer knowing.

Quoting atlmom2:

All kids are gonna go places they are not supposed to go at some point or another.  I never did get an App for my girls. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 3, 2014 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

IF I wanted to see I drove and looked for their cars, LOL.  They were where they said they would be always. 

Quoting chattycassie:

Of course they will I was a TERRIBLE teen I was NEVER where I was supposed to be. I like that I can see where she is at all the time. It makes me feel safer knowing.

Quoting atlmom2:

chattycassie
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I LOVE the driving set speed limit. The map is the main part of the APP I am not sure if you can disable it. I do not use the social tracking on  this I do it myself by friending them. I do like to "stalk" them I like to know exactly where they are at.

Quoting mollymolly:

Thanks for sharing.  I'll definitely consider getting this for both of my kids.  I'd like to know when my son is speeding.  More importantly, I'd like for him to know I know he's speeding!  And this will make it easy to keep up with who my 13 yr old daughter is talking to online.  I check her phone periodically.  She's told me of two incidents where a grown man (different ones) wanted to follow her or communicate with her online.    

I also like the idea of knowing where she is on a map.  I wouldn't use that feature with my son unless he gives me reason to not trust him, and I wouldn't use it with my daughter either, unless the unthinkable should happen.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)