Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

graduation is no big deal

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 9:03 PM
  • 6 Replies
So for the past few months I have been sort of nonchalant about my son and my oma son graduating, but today I went to their senior awards ceremony and I was choking back tears hearing their names called for the various things that they have both achieved over the past 4 years and I realized that I really am feeling like this has gone awfully fast! Anyone else watching their "babies" graduate this week? It is hitting me hard that they are both grown up now and moving on to college and their big grown up lives!
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
friendlymom5
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 9:09 PM
Yes mm dd graduated in may. I bawled. She is close by but I'll prob lose it when she moves away for school.
atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 5, 2014 at 10:31 PM

Been there already.  My youngest is 20 1/2 now.  I didn't cry till my baby went 8 hours away to school though,

DensHag
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 1:32 AM

Why isn't it a big deal to you?  I think it is quite an accomplishment and I was very proud of my girls when they graduated.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:08 AM

I'm still two years away from my oldest graduating but I know I'll be a bucket of tears.

iwashere
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh, honey. I cry when I read these posts (LOL, ok, maybe that's an exaggeration). My DS graduates next week. I am ignoring the fact that he will leave for college in August. I am also trying very hard not to be one of those moms that counts the days...yeah. That's not working.

Anyway, the graduation itself may not mean much. After all, thousands of people accomplish this every June. But it is a sign of them becoming adults and starting their new lives. And in that way, graduation is an incredibly big deal.

teensrmyworld
by Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 8:58 PM
I guess that I have always expected my kids to go to college and since my son left high school in his junior year and went to college, I see this as just a hoop to jump through, but it truly means more as he is now also an adult and moving on in life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN