Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

teen driving

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 8:21 AM
  • 6 Replies
Did u require your teen at 16 when first getting their drivers licence to call u when arriving at their destination and when leaving to come back home? We r but just wonder if other parents do or did. How long did u continue this?
by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
2teenmom07
by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not quite there, almost...but yes, I definitely will require that. For how long? Until I feel comfortable.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 8, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Occasionally, but not too much.  I never did when they drove to school in the mornings.   Mine were 17 or nearly 17 when they got their licenses.  They had been with friends a lot in their cars before mine got their licenses.  They didn't drive at night for a couple months also until they were comfortable driving alone or with a friend in the daytime.  I tried not to helicopter too much.  Tried to be a happy medium parent. 

lakerfan420
by Jamie on Jun. 8, 2014 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this
No I haven't done that, oldest just got her license a couple weeks ago. I'd be lying if I said I'm not a little nervous every time she leaves, but I trust her and wouldn't have let her get it if I didn't feel like she could handle it. With that said, I can usually tell when she's arrived via her fb. Like on Friday when her and some friends went to the beach, I was nervous about the half hour drive and parking and what not, but then I saw pics of them at the beach on my feed and was thankful they made it safely. Nothing wrong with what you're doing though, whatever makes you feel comfortable. Or as comfortable as one can be when their teenager starts driving, lol! This stuff is nerve racking, and I've still got two more coming in the next few years.
suesues
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 7:44 AM

yes still text sometimes depending on where they are going

Niccalyn
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Yes.  DD is 17 now and I only ask her to do this occasionally now, for example if she is going somewhere for the first time or late at night.

Sister_Someone
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Mine is going to get a drivers license and a car as soon as he legally can, and that will be the end of mom playing free taxi service. We'll arrange the specifics when we get there, but that much is certain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN