Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Gardasil?

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 1:47 AM
  • 13 Replies
Has anyone gotten their daughters the Gardasil injections? My daughter had her first gyn appointment today and the doctor is suggesting it.
Also she had the depo shot today. Not for birth control but for another issue.
by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 1:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
8chickens
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:20 AM

My daughter decided to have the shot as well as Depo.

Maime13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 7:43 AM

I am still years away from this one, thank goodness as my DD is only 12. I know that she will not be getting the Depo on my watch. I know far too many people who have had trouble after getting it.

emmy526
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 7:45 AM

France and Israel have stopped recomending gardisil due to all the adverse events....another gardisil is slated to come out soon, with 9strains included instead of four. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 21, 2014 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine did not get Gardisil.  Way too many friends of my dd's or neighbors had side effects. 

proudmother5946
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 1:18 PM
I was reading up on the gardasil. The doctor was recommending it, but then I saw all the side effects, some severe. I think I'll hold off on that.
The reason she got the depo was because she can't wear tampons at all. Seems she has a really long vagina and even the doctor couldn't get it high enough. She plays sports and the pad just doesn't work out. So we'll try the depo to stop her periods for awhile.
TranquilMind
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Stop her periods?  How does that not mess her up hormonally? 

Has she tried a variety of tampons?  Playtex blooms outward like a flower.  Maybe that would work. 

No way would I mess with my hormonal balance at any age.

Quoting proudmother5946: I was reading up on the gardasil. The doctor was recommending it, but then I saw all the side effects, some severe. I think I'll hold off on that. The reason she got the depo was because she can't wear tampons at all. Seems she has a really long vagina and even the doctor couldn't get it high enough. She plays sports and the pad just doesn't work out. So we'll try the depo to stop her periods for awhile.

Bieg9093
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Funny...my kids' pedi is VERY by the book.  He never asks about vaccinations.  He says it's time for this and that and away we go.  BUT, when my girl was scheduled for it, both the nurse and then later the doc asked "Are we doing the gardasil today?"

Hmmm...nope.  Nope we're not and thanks for asking.

cybcm
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:16 PM

It's part of the immunisations they get at school here.

My DD20, DS17 and DD14 have all had it, no reactions, I asked them last time this thread popped up on here and they all said that no one at school had any reactions to it.

proudmother5946
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:51 PM
She's tried every brand. We have quite a folkection at home. The plunger applicators are all too short. The doctor actually tried forceps and still couldn't get the tampon where it should be. Crazy, right?
The depo is just a temporary thing, if she doesn't like it she can stop anytime.
suesues
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 7:32 AM

we did nt get it 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN