Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

having sex

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 8:08 PM
  • 9 Replies

I just found out yesterday my dd1 who is 16 1/2 had sex. I knew it was going to happen. We had open relationship. Our girls can tell us anything to me or their dad. That how we want it to be. But how I found out their is rumor going on about my dd and her bf. Her friend is alway talking bad about her one day another day they all nice to each other. She told me her bf cousin told everyone she just want to get pregant so she can had him all the time that he wont leave her. She is on depot shot.

She know how hard it is being teen mom because most of her friend is pregant or had child. We told her even though you on the shot use condom. So we know it going to happen but we didnt know when. I am not mad and I am not upset. I dont know how to feel. But how do you talk to her about it. I cant talk to her my first time becuase I was rape at 5 yr old till I was 12. So I cant tell her it hurt my first time becuase my first time did hurt becuase I was 5.

So I want some advise to talk to her about it without making her embrassment about it. I want open relationship and I really want to be there if she need us. We also told them matter what happen if she get pregant. She have us supporting her so she can finish school and college degree. I watch 16 and pregant and we both love that show but I saw how teen mom having hard time study becuase of baby and no support. Any advise will help.

Sorry my spelling or writing I have learning disablity and speech and language problem.
by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
suesues
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 7:30 AM

put her on birth control star by naking a gyno dr appt 

chell77
by Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 5:23 PM

She is on the depot shot already

LostInMyMind
by on Jun. 22, 2014 at 5:25 PM

depot shot lol.. its depo silly

8chickens
by Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Do not believe rumors and do not bring it up. Do not give credability to a rumor.

chell77
by Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 7:16 PM

I do not believe the rumor. She is smart girl and she told me about it and that how I found out about she having sex becuase I ask her how can someone get pregant if you dont put out and that when she told me she isnt virgin. We had that talk about sex and knew it not going to be long so. We got her on depo shot and she doesnt want to teen mom and she always there for someone who need a friend. But I dont know how to talk to her about what is going one so she doesnt feel awkard. We had long talk about it but she feel weird about it. One thing we did ask her if they use a condom becuase birth control doesnt cover std. She said yes we do use a condom.

mommyidk
by Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Sorry about your past situation, really.
Now about your dd. You are not mad or disappointed?! I have no words!
nana776
by Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:13 PM

I just bring things up at random times so that they don't really have time to think about it. 

I know it may be hard to make comparisons to your first time, but if you just think about your first time you did it willingly, it's pretty much the same. I wouldn't go into too many details or try to get too many from her. I would just let her know that you have had sex (in a joking manner) and you are there for her if she has any comments, questions or concerns.

Once you take away the embarrassment factor, and make them understand that they didn't invent it and they aren't the only ones doing it, they are more open about it.

chell77
by Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 5:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Why I am not mad or disappoint because matter what you feel they going to push you away and do whatever they want matter if you approve or not. I rather be there for them and had open relationship instead push them away. We had bond better then my sibling and I have with my parents plus we where also teens before them though and I rather them be safe and had no opps and regret what happen to them.

BGarcel
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:17 AM
1 mom liked this

The first time talking is almost guaranteed to be awkward. But she is open to you. Right now, I think it's best that you guys keep slowly and steadily doing what you are doing. She is on BC and according to her uses condoms. Smart girl so far.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)