Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Facebook

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2014 at 2:27 PM
  • 13 Replies

I'm sure that there are other moms out there that have kids with Facebook accounts. Do you check your kids accounts? My oldest two have Facebook's and I check them every single day, they think I check too much. Is checking your kids Facebook accounts every day too much? I don't think it is.

Michelle

by on Jun. 28, 2014 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuvingMy3Girls
by Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 3:05 PM
I use to check my daughters but I don't anymore. She is a good kid and we have a open honest relationship. I trust her. If I ever felt something was off I'd check her texts before facebook
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Msgme
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 3:25 PM

I almost never check my sons. But he's never ever given me reason to.  He almost never uses it either.  My dd i used to check frequently and it's gotten less and less over time.  Now I almost never check.  I check their walls from my name all the time and say stuff but  The only time I ever go into their accounts is when they foreget to sign out from my pc.  Which happens from time to time with my dd. 

MY youngest shares my fb with me so i'm in her account and business all the time.  But she's to young to have her own.

Maime13
by Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 5:13 PM

I do think it's a bit excessive. Plus, if they know you are checking it, they aren't going to post or message anything that they wouldn't want you to see. Most kids aren't even that into FB anymore.

My oldest has one, has since he was 14 (he is 17). He keeps it private and only friended people from his school. He rarely gets on it and honestly, he can say anything to those kids in person, kwim? Well, it's a non-issue as he has graduated from high school and I haven't monitored it for eons. He's a good kid and I trust him.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 11:03 AM

If you have reason not to trust them it's not too much.

MommaK8
by Kate on Jun. 30, 2014 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

My 14 year old daughter has a facebook account and I do have the password to it but I don't check it that often because for one she's hardly ever on there and we are very close and very open with each other and I pretty much know all about everything going on in her life because we are close.

cybcm
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 6:40 PM
I don't have a reason to.
If I had a reason to check it I would.
brandithecandi
by New Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
They haven't given me a reason to and I have a very open relationship with my girls so I've never felt the need to go looking through their social media accounts.
stephs5isenough
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 2:12 PM

I visit my kids pages every day too.  My oldest daghter and second son don't do much on facebook anymore now that they are more into Instagram and that thing where you can record yourself and send it to multiple friends through your phone (I don't remember what that is.)  I wish I knew what all they were on and how to do it all.

Click my tag to follow me to:

Stephanie

Serendipitous1
by Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 11:41 AM
From time to time I check my DDs FB & Instagram to make sure all is well. She had a bullying situation that was very bad, so I monitored to protect her. I feel it's fine to look at your children's social media, but not too often as you make misinterpret things. It's good to guide your DD on privacy and for her to understand that once something is posted, it could be online (someone could screen capture and repost) forever. This may effect her college acceptances, job searches, etc, if it's not PG. Hope this post helps you. Best wishes.
mom101010
by New Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 1:08 PM

I used to check their accounts but dont anymore. As they got older i gave them their privacy but am friends with them on there so occasionally will check there page that way. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN