Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Crossdressing son

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 3:45 PM
  • 32 Replies
2 moms liked this

I love and support my 17 year old son's crossdressing,I call this a special gift he has.This started when he was 6 years old,he liked walking in a few pairs of my heels and knew there was something going on.Good thing is I knew this was not a phase at all.Then as he got older,he told me that he liked wearing girl's clothes once in a while.I knew right away to love and accept him,this is who he was and I have been supportive ever since.My husband,his dad, and family and friends are supportive also.He goes by Kelsey when dressed and I always say Kelsey when she is out.I know this makes my son happy,this is his way of expressing himself in a non destructive way.I did my research and crossdresser came up.My son loves living his life as male getting in touch with his female side.I do spend time with Kelsey also,this is my way of getting to know Kelsey.We go shopping together is one way I spend time with Kelsey,she picks out clothing I approve of.Kelsey is glad I am there for her as a loving mother.We even started going to a support group of mothers that have teenage sons that are crossdressers on Thursday night.It brought us together more.

by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyidk
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 4:39 PM
3 moms liked this
I can't even begin to understand that way of thinking, if you can call it that. I bet there is a bigger issue that's not gonna be resolved by encouraging such twisted behavior. I don't care what modern day moms and society want to call true identity. The truth is he was born a he and needs to be encouraged to be HIMSELF. Not herself. No matter how much training to walk and talk and implants, makeup, long hair, injections, pills,"legal" birth cert./name change or support groups or laws to let males into female bathrooms does not make HIM, truly a female. Oh and lets not forget the mutilation that's done to their genitals. I hope that he will not continue to be led into a very destructive path. I hope the best for you two.
Retrokitty
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 4:43 PM
5 moms liked this
Sex is decided in the brain. Usually our sex lines up with our hormones and our privates but not always.

Gender is society created and NOT the same thing as sex. The biological differences between women and men are few and far between. They are structural differences in the brain NOT functional, meaning there is absolutely no biological basis behind gender roles. Clothing and such is completely society created, it has nothing to do with how we are born or what is is out genes.

Quoting mommyidk: I can't even begin to understand that way of thinking, if you can call it that. I bet there is a bigger issue that's not gonna be resolved by encouraging such twisted behavior. I don't care what modern day moms and society want to call true identity. The truth is he was born a he and needs to be encouraged to be HIMSELF. Not herself. No matter how much training to walk and talk and implants, makeup, long hair, injections, pills,"legal" birth cert./name change or support groups or laws to let males into female bathrooms does not make HIM, truly a female. I hope that he will not continue to be led into a very destructive path. I hope the best for you two.
mommyidk
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 4:46 PM
Sorry one more thing. Check out stories about former transgenders. Very detailed and heart warming.
teensrmyworld
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 8:27 PM
3 moms liked this

Well now, it should not come as a surprise that you do not understand this way of thinking. Thinking on your part would mean reading something that you do not understand (this situation) and then doing some deeper soul searching as to whether your "way of thinking" helps or hurts the person you are directing your "thinking" towards".  I am going to assume that you also do not walk in this parents shoes (I do for the record), so before you judge, speak or condemn, think.  Think about the hate that comes from your narrow mind, think about what harm comes from what you say, think about a young person struggling against what society says and then hears form you that they are bad, wrong or in some way damaged will feel like. Your  words are proof that there are still people out there who are a danger to our kids.  I am hoping that in reading this you will "think" before you spill your unwanted and very unwelcoming opinions onto a fragile soul who needs love and support, not hatred and non educated narrow minded fearfulness.  Here is your box, now jump outside of it and become a new person.  Do it for you, do it for me and most of all do it for those who could use your smile a whole lot more than your condemnation.

Quoting mommyidk: I can't even begin to understand that way of thinking, if you can call it that. I bet there is a bigger issue that's not gonna be resolved by encouraging such twisted behavior. I don't care what modern day moms and society want to call true identity. The truth is he was born a he and needs to be encouraged to be HIMSELF. Not herself. No matter how much training to walk and talk and implants, makeup, long hair, injections, pills,"legal" birth cert./name change or support groups or laws to let males into female bathrooms does not make HIM, truly a female. Oh and lets not forget the mutilation that's done to their genitals. I hope that he will not continue to be led into a very destructive path. I hope the best for you two.

alexisb3
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Thanks for clearing this up more.My son is no bad person and is a good kid in life.I can't stand the hate what he goes through and some people think he is too weird.He is not this way,he is a 17 year old that likes getting in touch with his female side Kelsey

Quoting teensrmyworld:

Well now, it should not come as a surprise that you do not understand this way of thinking. Thinking on your part would mean reading something that you do not understand (this situation) and then doing some deeper soul searching as to whether your "way of thinking" helps or hurts the person you are directing your "thinking" towards".  I am going to assume that you also do not walk in this parents shoes (I do for the record), so before you judge, speak or condemn, think.  Think about the hate that comes from your narrow mind, think about what harm comes from what you say, think about a young person struggling against what society says and then hears form you that they are bad, wrong or in some way damaged will feel like. Your  words are proof that there are still people out there who are a danger to our kids.  I am hoping that in reading this you will "think" before you spill your unwanted and very unwelcoming opinions onto a fragile soul who needs love and support, not hatred and non educated narrow minded fearfulness.  Here is your box, now jump outside of it and become a new person.  Do it for you, do it for me and most of all do it for those who could use your smile a whole lot more than your condemnation.

Quoting mommyidk: I can't even begin to understand that way of thinking, if you can call it that. I bet there is a bigger issue that's not gonna be resolved by encouraging such twisted behavior. I don't care what modern day moms and society want to call true identity. The truth is he was born a he and needs to be encouraged to be HIMSELF. Not herself. No matter how much training to walk and talk and implants, makeup, long hair, injections, pills,"legal" birth cert./name change or support groups or laws to let males into female bathrooms does not make HIM, truly a female. Oh and lets not forget the mutilation that's done to their genitals. I hope that he will not continue to be led into a very destructive path. I hope the best for you two.

mommyidk
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 11:03 PM
2 moms liked this
CLEARLY...you gals have screwed up the minds of more children or let something traumatic happen to them. NO, this is not normal for a 17 yo to do. YES it is weird. And YES there is such thing as right and wrong. Narrow minded?! Why thank you, I hope I am on the narrow path and not on the broad one. Lets get something straight, saying an act is wrong or twisted is NOT hate speech. Calling him a sissy fudge-packer with an undeveloped minded mother, now that might be. YOU are judging me!
Btw, I never said he was a bad person nor do I think he is. I just know he needs proper help and not to be mislead.
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jul. 6, 2014 at 1:14 AM
4 moms liked this

Do you have any idea the suicide rates of transgengers, homosexuals, pansexuals, etc. with family who does NOT support them?  Any idea?  It's pretty high.  Also, for those who feel the need to hide who they are often suffer from severe depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders.  On the other hand, those parents who clearly love their children NO MATTER WHAT and support their children NO MATTER WHAT have well rounded, happy children who grow up to be responsible productive adults who learn to accept the things they cannot change.

Transgender is different from HOMOSEXUAL.  I'm not sure if you knew that.  It's completely different.  Many transgenders are completely straight.  They have wives, girlfriends (not together mind you) and like the way that women's clothing make them feel. 

Before you start in on a young man being "weird" or having a "twisted" anything, answer me this: Do you wear long pants?  Do you have daughters that wear long pants?  Why don't you ALWAYS walk around in dresses and skirts?  BECAUSE YOU LIKE THE WAY MEN'S CLOTHES FEEL.  You may not walk around calling yourself Bob because a woman wearing MEN'S clothing is acceptable and normal while the other way around isn't.

I'm sorry but I disagree with those saying you are narrow minded.  You're not narrow minded, you're closed minded.  You do not open your mind to anything or the reasons for anything that you don't automatically agree with.  I'm sorry but the way your thinking works makes you sound ignorant.

To the OP.  Way to go for supporting your son!  To bad he didn't let you pick his girl name out, since you're mom you should be allowed to do so (I think).  :)

Quoting mommyidk: CLEARLY...you gals have screwed up the minds of more children or let something traumatic happen to them. NO, this is not normal for a 17 yo to do. YES it is weird. And YES there is such thing as right and wrong. Narrow minded?! Why thank you, I hope I am on the narrow path and not on the broad one. Lets get something straight, saying an act is wrong or twisted is NOT hate speech. Calling him a sissy fudge-packer with an undeveloped minded mother, now that might be. YOU are judging me! Btw, I never said he was a bad person nor do I think he is. I just know he needs proper help and not to be mislead.

teensrmyworld
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Sing it sister! I wanted to give this person a way out of her "closeted" mind which is why I said narrow minded and not close minded. I believe that people when addressed factually can change so I am still hoping that through our discussion about unconditional love that a seed might be planted. I believe that we are doing our jobs only halfway when we love just our children; we must also go out into the world and advocate for positive change to happen in the world so that it becomes a safer place for all of us.

Quoting fantasticfour:

Do you have any idea the suicide rates of transgengers, homosexuals, pansexuals, etc. with family who does NOT support them?  Any idea?  It's pretty high.  Also, for those who feel the need to hide who they are often suffer from severe depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders.  On the other hand, those parents who clearly love their children NO MATTER WHAT and support their children NO MATTER WHAT have well rounded, happy children who grow up to be responsible productive adults who learn to accept the things they cannot change.

Transgender is different from HOMOSEXUAL.  I'm not sure if you knew that.  It's completely different.  Many transgenders are completely straight.  They have wives, girlfriends (not together mind you) and like the way that women's clothing make them feel. 

Before you start in on a young man being "weird" or having a "twisted" anything, answer me this: Do you wear long pants?  Do you have daughters that wear long pants?  Why don't you ALWAYS walk around in dresses and skirts?  BECAUSE YOU LIKE THE WAY MEN'S CLOTHES FEEL.  You may not walk around calling yourself Bob because a woman wearing MEN'S clothing is acceptable and normal while the other way around isn't.

I'm sorry but I disagree with those saying you are narrow minded.  You're not narrow minded, you're closed minded.  You do not open your mind to anything or the reasons for anything that you don't automatically agree with.  I'm sorry but the way your thinking works makes you sound ignorant.

To the OP.  Way to go for supporting your son!  To bad he didn't let you pick his girl name out, since you're mom you should be allowed to do so (I think).  :)

Quoting mommyidk: CLEARLY...you gals have screwed up the minds of more children or let something traumatic happen to them. NO, this is not normal for a 17 yo to do. YES it is weird. And YES there is such thing as right and wrong. Narrow minded?! Why thank you, I hope I am on the narrow path and not on the broad one. Lets get something straight, saying an act is wrong or twisted is NOT hate speech. Calling him a sissy fudge-packer with an undeveloped minded mother, now that might be. YOU are judging me! Btw, I never said he was a bad person nor do I think he is. I just know he needs proper help and not to be mislead.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

That is great that your ds has such a supportive family!

ejwhite_99
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry but it really burns me when people equate your "disagreement to or dislike of something" to hate.  I have a right to not accept sexual practices or mindset of the same, just like you have a right to accept it.  To me, its no different than me not liking your choice of faith because its not what I believe in.  That doesn't mean I hate you it just means I don't agree with what you believe in.  You might like wearing jeans I might not.  That doesn't mean I hate you, it just means I don't agree with your likes.  If you being a woman like women, then like on.  But don't call me a hater or closed minded because I don't agree with your choice.  Please stop making dislike and love mean the same thing because they don't.  It is very possible to love a person without liking what they do.  If a transgender, homosexual, or whatever was laid out on the ground and needed me to help revive them, I'd be right on them.  But I do not and will not support their agenda to be what they are not.  

What I don't understand is when a child is known to have a liking for setting fires, or harming animals or doing other things that is ok to deem as "weird" or "not right" everyone says get that child some help, he shouldn't be doing that.  But when it comes to sexual preference or practices, everyone just simply says "oh that's ok that's what his mind tells him he's supposed to do" or "that's how he feels he's supposed to be". Who sets the parameters for the world on what should be accepted and what shouldn't?  Everyone is on this bandwagon to accept homosexuality and anything like it and dares anyone not to.  Well I don't agree with it and I will not encourage my child in their endeavor to be what they are not.  One of the previous posters said that "sex is determined by the mind" another poster said "you can change your mind.......".  Well if that's the case, why not encourage your child to be what they were born as?  If your child is born with a penis, its because he's supposed to be a male.  If your child is born with a vagina, its because she's supposed to be a girl.  I guess if your child really felt like they wanted to be a chicken, you would allow him or her to dress, walk and peck like a chicken and expect everyone to accept it.  Just because something is off in your child's brain doesn't mean you just go with it, you try to fix it and love them in the process.  If given enough time and persuassion the mind can be altered to believe what you want it to.  That's how so many people are easily brainwashed.  I will not encourage my son to be my daughter nor will I encourage my daughter to be my son.  If that makes me a closed minded person then that's what I'll be in your eyes.  But my decision to not accept one thing about society that everyone else seems to be accepting will not define who I am as a person.  It only makes me an individual strong enough to stand on what I believe and not allow society to sway what I really feel.  The rest of you will continue to cave in because after all, "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em".  Right?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN