Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Caught daughter's boyfriend cheating on her via text messages/FB

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 10:57 PM
  • 136 Replies
My daughter's BF left his phone innthe house. Txt message came and when I saw his phone, saw txt message from a girl saying wish he can really come over tonight coz she would love to see him. I got curious and tried to see if phone was locked but it wasn't( really dumb for somebody who's hiding something). Checked his messages feom my daughter first then saw a lot of girl names. Checked all messages and went to FB inbox also all girls. Basically asking them to meet him, hang out, maybe more if girl was willing. I was shocked coz this boy comes ti our hoise to seey daughter and go on dates. God knows how many girl he is dating. They have been dating for just over a month. Do I confront him or do I telly daughter first. Btw, i took pictures of his txt messages for proof just in case he denies it or if my daughter does not believe me. I was thinking of confronting him and letting him tell my daughter or I will. Pls help
by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nebcutie
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 11:04 PM
8 moms liked this
Well i would not say you went through his phone cause i am sure that is not legal somehow but maybe to get your dd asking him questions just say something like "oh i forgot to tell bob that his phone went off and i opened his message trying to quite it...it was from candy i think...if you want to tell him just in case it was important and he does not see it. Tell him i am sorry"
hobobaby
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 2:10 AM
9 moms liked this
If they're only dating a month maybe they aren't exclusively dating and are free to date other people.
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jul. 11, 2014 at 9:38 AM
18 moms liked this

I would have told my daughter while I had the phone in my hand.  Or if they were on a date and they arrived together I would have simply held the phone up and told him a message came through while you were gone.  Some girl wanting you to stop by tonight?

staceysgorbach
by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:38 PM
I wouldn't say anything. How old are they?
cupcake_mom
by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:40 PM
4 moms liked this
Maybe they have agreed to not go steady. Maybe they are just dating and not in an exclusive relationship. Maybe you should mind your own business and let them figure it out.
cupcake_mom
by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:41 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this.

Quoting hobobaby: If they're only dating a month maybe they aren't exclusively dating and are free to date other people.
Bird_on_a_wire
by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:48 PM
This. You don't want to come off as a meddling mom.

Quoting staceysgorbach: I wouldn't say anything. How old are they?
DyerMaker
by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:51 PM

I assume that the "couple" are teenagers. Let it go.

Wright68
by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:58 PM
18 moms liked this
Isn't it the moms responsibility to protect the child? I feel like I would be extremely hurt if my mom had known this information and didn't tell me.
LSeabolt1982
by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:59 PM
4 moms liked this

I would stay the fuck out of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN