Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

No shower for 2 weeks

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:18 AM
  • 37 Replies
My 15year old son will not shower, brush his teeth or do any type of personal hygiene. It's been 2weeks and I'm so frustrated. What can I do? He's so lazy he won't even go to school some days cause he just can't be bothered.
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marieeve241
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I show pictures of bacteria seen through a microscope to my dd....it did the trick for her teeths!
BrutalTruth
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:21 AM
2 moms liked this
He's so lazy he won't even go to school...you must be joking. Wish my mon was that lackadaisical about my education when I was in hs. Smh.
Singlemum15
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Even when he is at school he does nothing and learns nothing. He doesn't care about his grades or anything.
Singlemum15
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:30 AM
I will try showing him pictures of bacteria, but I don't think he will care.
Beachdeprived
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:33 AM
6 moms liked this

Gross!!! I think I would drag his @ss to the shower and throw him in and then supervise while he brushes his teeth like he's a 3 year old! Then I would take away everything he owns...phone, computer, etc. and whip his backside into shape. Who is allowed to be lazy and not go to school?  I would be in his face every free minute I had.

jcm28
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:35 AM
3 moms liked this
Take his ass outside and hose him down
kay283
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:48 AM
5 moms liked this

Is he depressed?

Singlemum15
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Well i wish i could just throw him in tge shower and put tge hose on him. But my son is so very strong I not dare rock the boat with physical violence, cause i be the one getting hurt. I think I show him the bacteria and ban his PlayStation. If that doesn't work, not sure what else I could do. Just hope he gets a job soon then he will need to keep clean.
Singlemum15
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:49 AM
3 moms liked this
He could be depressed
Maime13
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:53 AM
2 moms liked this

I can't imagine. My 15 yo DS has ASD and personal hygiene is not on his list of priorities. If I let him, I'm not sure he'd ever feel compelled to shower. I've never let it go more than 2 days so I can't say for  sure. He is 5'10 and outweighs me by about 60 lbs but when I say go, he goes.

Yes, you need to restrict access to electronics until he is compliant with daily living skills. I would request that he turn in his items at night before bed and you will return them to him the next day after he has completed his DLS tasks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN