Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

first period

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:08 AM
  • 9 Replies
I know a teens first period is tough. I remember mine was painful but it only lasted 7 days. My daughter is on day 11. Shouldn't it be done by now?
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
StreetsAhead
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:52 AM
Seems long to me but then I'm not a medical person, I remember mine being really short
Lala5441
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this

it wouldn't hurt to call her dr. 

Maime13
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:57 AM

I have no clue. I know it takes a few cycles for things to level out but 11 days is a long time.

My DD just turned 12 at the very end of May and is anxiously awaiting/dreading her first period. I am totally dreading it. LOL

marinesgrl
by New Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine is 14. Been asking when is it gonna happen and why hasn't it. Now she regrets it. Poor kid
sahlady
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:57 AM
"Only" seven days?! 11 days?!

Omg I'm so sorry! And the dr isn't concerned? That sucks! Me and my girls are 3-5 days tops.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Never had an 11 day period ever. That would be hell Mine were always 5 to 7 days. 3 to 4 when I was on the pill. My girls never found it a huge hassle really.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Msgme
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:44 AM

The only time my period has ever lasted 11 days was when i had a UTI.  it was about 10 days in when i went to the dr's. lasted another 3 days after i was on meds.  My girls have never had a period last more than 6 days.  The usual is about 3-5 days   My younger dd has gone 6 days a couple of times.

lisa12121
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Consider what you mean by 11 days. Is she just spotting now? Or still heavy bleeding? My cycles ranged from 3 days to 2 weeks or more (of course, I am an old fart now and counting down the days until I hit full blown menopause!). If she has been bleeding heavily for 11 days, then I would call the doc to just make sure there are no concerns. If she is just spotting, then I wouldn't worry. That first period can be weird and unusual. Aren't we ladies lucky?

marinesgrl
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:20 PM
It went from one extreme to the other and back again. Im going to see how her next one goes and see. Thanks moms!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN