Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Aggressive Son

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:12 AM
  • 10 Replies
I don't know what to do my son is so aggressive, he says to me if I don't let him play PlayStation he won't be normal. It's like he needs it like a drug! He will not go to school and his grades are suffering dramatically. He has already pushed me to a point where I had to ring the police on him and now there is a AVO order.
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:27 AM
Counseling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Singlemum15
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:52 AM
He is in counseling, it doesn't help. I'm scared he may be using drugs!
atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 28, 2014 at 2:09 AM
Rehab???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 4:17 AM

Throw the damn thing out the window.

Maime13
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:40 AM

Honestly, from your post about showering, it sounds like your son has a myriad of things going on that likely include depression. I would not be surprised to find that he might have another issue as well (Bi-Polar, ASD, etc).

If he is using drugs, it's likely to self medicate for whatever is really bothering him.

my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Since you have so many issues with him, I am sure you can get him into some mental health program.  I think you need some counseling on how to deal with him too.  I found with my son, that I had to find another way to communicate because he tuned me out often.

Singlemum15
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 6:29 AM
Quoting GleekingOut:

trust me thats what I feel like doing but he will take revenge on me so bad. He's been to see a mental health doctor but they say there is nothing wrong with him. I feel like I don't even own my own house I'm paying rent for. He's incontrol and there's nothing I can do about it. Hes so much more powerful than me, if he wants to do something its impossible to stop him unless I want broken bones. :( HOW CAN YOUR OWN CHILD BE SO EVIL! I JUST REALLY DON'T KNOW!
Singlemum15
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 6:35 AM
Quoting my2kidsmom9498:

Since you have so many issues with him, I am sure you can get him into some mental health program.  I think you need some counseling on how to deal with him too.  I found with my son, that I had to find another way to communicate because he tuned me out often.

We are both getting counciling, but I guess it takes time. He will be teaming up with a police officer soon like a mentoring program. Hopefully that will benefit him. I just really wish I could put him in a special school for special needs kids, but he's just on the threshold. He really doesn't belong in this school system in Australia its so terrible. He learns nothing and gets no assistance and then they wonder why he has the lowest grades in the school.
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 6:43 AM
Then you call the police. Every damn time. He's almost 16 right? In Australia you can legally kick him out then

Quoting Singlemum15:
Quoting GleekingOut:

trust me thats what I feel like doing but he will take revenge on me so bad. He's been to see a mental health doctor but they say there is nothing wrong with him. I feel like I don't even own my own house I'm paying rent for. He's incontrol and there's nothing I can do about it. Hes so much more powerful than me, if he wants to do something its impossible to stop him unless I want broken bones. :( HOW CAN YOUR OWN CHILD BE SO EVIL! I JUST REALLY DON'T KNOW!
suesues
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 6:57 AM

get professional help I would hide ps 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN