Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Helppp.

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:08 PM
  • 9 Replies
My daughter is 15, and wants to take something to stop her periof. She does gymnastics and everything . she is a very good student makes straight A's and B's etc. I dont have a problem with her taking it but her dad he is a man , what if he assumes shes havingg sex. but she isnt like that, an ahe told us she isnt ready for a bf she is focused on school. she said she wants to take ot because of her cramps are very bad plus gymnastics. And she told me she bleeds very bad. and there were several times i had to check her out from school, because of her cycle. she bleed through her clothes. I just need help to explain to her dad because you know how men are. but do you guys think she is too young? But ik the feelings cramps can be really bad, and her cramps last up to all day sometimes . And nothing helps her
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Bump

suesues
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 7:02 AM

I would talk to dr its  a natural thing and I would nt take drugs to stop it 

masonmom3
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:18 AM

If she were to tell a doctor about her heavy / painful periods the first suggestion will be birth control pills. Not to stop the period but to lighten it and ease her pain.

Niccalyn
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 12:04 PM

I would take her to the doctor and have her explain everything (in her own words, not yours) to the doctor and then get the doctor's recommendation.  How can her dad argue with the doctor's diagnosis/treatment?

gdiamante
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:41 AM

My best friend was on birth control for bad periods at age 15. And this was 30 years ago! Nope, not too young.

booscomputer
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:01 PM

I agree -- see the gyn and take your husband with you to explain her pain and how it affects her physically.  then, after he understands that she needs help, have her sit down with you and dad to discuss that this is not you approving sexual activity, this is strictly to help her with physical ailments.  The pill doesn't keep you from getting STDs that can ruin the rest of your life.

JessicaR7
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

The gynocologist put my daughter on birth control at 15 because she had PMDD.  The birth control pills helped me to monitor her cycle with precision so we could add a mood-stabilizer 10 days prior to her period.  But birth control pills also help level out hormones.  I didn't mind that the added bonus was pregnancy protection for when she decided to become sexually active.  My husband didn't get upset at all...even when she told him she had become sexually active.  He actually handled it better than I did.

shawnm0208
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 7:24 AM

My daughter is a senior in high school.  We started her on BC when she was a sophomore.  She had similar issues.  Sometimes she couldn't go to school because her bleeding was so awful.  Her doctor prescribed a very low dose medication to help.  It has been a God send to her.  Her acne on her back has cleared up and the periods are not so bad.  She used to have a 7 day cycle and bleed heavy for 4 of those days, now it starts on Tuesday and ends on Friday.  :)  Have her talk to her doctor and get their advice.  I wish my mom would have done that for me.  My husband was a little upset at first, but he trusts my judgment.  Good luck.

Ceremony
by Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 8:29 AM

My daughter uses a low dosage BC since 15 after seeing a dr. She took bloodwork and recommended after seeing her hormone levels were unbalanced.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN