Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Would you do this?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:56 PM
  • 22 Replies
Today I am at a pool at a resort in Hawaii. They have a slide that empties in another pool below. This dad of 3 boys would go up to the slide, Dad would go to the back while they slid down and walked back from the other pool. Basically, holding spots and letting his kids cut and not have to wait in the long line. He did it over and over again. Others were talking about him too.
Kids have things so immediate now and don't wait as it is to let your kids cut over and over is terrible and 3 kids even.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
disneymom2two
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Would I do that? Heck no.  I was at a water slide a few years ago in Sesame Place and a woman kept trying to cut in front of people with her child.  It seemed like she had family sporadically placed throughout the lines.  She got to us and asked to get by (we'd have had to move to the side to allow her to pass where we were) and we said "Sorry, the line starts back there."  She said her husband was up ahead and was quite angry that we wouldn't let her cut.  We did say he was welcome to come behind us from up where he was to join them but she didn't like that either LOL.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:47 PM
No I would not.
momtimesx4
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Hell no.

cybcm
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 4:42 AM
No way.
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 6:53 AM
No way. I could understand in a restaurant or bank or something; moving to get to your partner/family, or even in a movie theatre line, but in a water park, no way
suesues
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 7:00 AM

no way they would have to wait in line i would have reported him

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:12 PM
There were no life guards or anything at the resort.

Quoting suesues:

no way they would have to wait in line i would have reported him

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3B
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Never. 

Bresmom13
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats rediculous, now we know how spoiled kids are started.

Beachdeprived
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

That would have irritated me. I would not have done that to other people....very rude. If I had a child that was in line and doing what they were supposed to be doing and were effected by this, I might have said something to management or let my DH say something to the dad. It's amazing how prevalent the lack of manners is. On the bright side... you are in HAWAII!!!  So... close your eyes, relax and forget about the slide. LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN