Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

my 14 year old daughter is so agressive

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:26 PM
  • 14 Replies

my 14 yr old daughter is so agressive that she literally punches her younger sisters and older sister in the head, she uses foul language everytime she can and when i ask her to do something she flat out tells me NO, if i go near her she screams dont hit me (i havent even raised a hand to her)  the other week i had to physically pick her up and take her to her room so she wouldnt continue to hurt her sisters, she is mean to the cat and the dog where as they hear her voice and get their bristles up and start hissing and running away.

she is playing up at school and has been suspended 4 times iin the last 12 months, there doesnt seem to be a week that goes by when i am not getting a phone call from her school telling me she is up to something she shouldnt be or she refuses to do her work, her last suspension was because she swore at her teacher and refused to move when requested for her own safety during sports trials.

my main concern is she is so abusive physically and mentally towards everyone in the house, she starts councilling next week and I am hoping they can get to the bottom of the issues, she was referred to child and youth mental health by our gp, and he came back saying she may have personality disorders, seperation anxiety, narcosistic tendencies, the lists goes on... but they wont see her, I dont know why, my gp is onto them now as i am screaming or help and am at a loss, i dred 3.30pm every day when she coems home from school because i dont know what mood she will be in...

any suggestions please i am desperate

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momtimesx4
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Hmm...I take it this started up about a year ago. Anything happen back then that might have triggered it?

graybealgirl
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:45 PM
Is her dad in the picture? Could she have had someone abuse her physically or mentally as a Child. Please don't be mad just trying to help
MrsBezer
by New Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Quoting graybealgirl: Is her dad in the picture? Could she have had someone abuse her physically or mentally as a Child. Please don't be mad just trying to help

Her dad wasnt in the picture most of her life, he has again ceased contact with the kids,  she has always been the child that is hard to handle, but since she hit high school she is feral to choose a beter word. growing up until she was about 3 she seen  me live with her father in a domestic violent relationship, i then went on to have another one but ended it really quickly and have been with my current husband for almost 10 years now

MrsBezer
by New Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Quoting momtimesx4:

Hmm...I take it this started up about a year ago. Anything happen back then that might have triggered it?

its been on going most of her life, but has gotten really out of control since she started high school

chattycassie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:52 PM

I wish I could help, I think getting her in to talk to someone will help a lot. 

bcauseimthemom
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:09 PM

I would be looking for an in patient facility for her to be in...

cali_gurl
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Definitely sounds like more than you can handle alone, momma. Keep getting professional help for her. Your younger kids deserve a safe home.

momtimesx4
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Quoting bcauseimthemom:

I would be looking for an in patient facility for her to be in...

This....for the mental and physical health of everyone.

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:37 AM
I would call the police anytime she assaults one of your other children. Get a paper trail started.
nmrob79
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:57 AM
My 14 yr old sounds like this. I'm getting him evaluated in a few weeks. I just found out from my ex who has 2 other kids that they have psychological issues with 1 on meds. Sometimes genes play a part. My son his the oldest of his 3. He has a hard time calming down when he is upset. It's like he has a hard time processing when to come back down. Prayer and standing your ground helps. I made him stay with my mom who has no Internet or cable. I just recently given him his phone back. But I have the cell phone company shut it down every night and cut back on at a certain time. Plus on his last outburst, I called the cops. They didn't take him but they told him they would next time. The distance has seem to help. He lives in the same apt complex as I do with mom for his freshman year. I told him if he gives me any more problems this year that he will live out of state with his biological dad. I will not continue to fight with him in front my 4 yr old daughter or 4 month son.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN