Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Have you or your teen been challenged?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 7:09 PM
  • 12 Replies

Have you or your teen been challenged to the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge?

It is running rampant around here among the adults and it has finally reached the teenage set.  Tomorrow we will be filming my teenage son taking the challenge.  We had a great conversation over dinner about what ALS is and the importance of the Ice Bucket Challenge in raising much needed funds and attention to the disease.

by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bexsmum
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 9:06 PM

The football team my DD works for was challenged,challenge was completed and they in turn challenged the rest of the teams in their conference. This ice bucket challenge has really made ALS come into the fore front and brought  much needed awareness for the cause. I can't say anything negative about it and it's all in fun I love watching all the unique ways the challenge has been met.

Niccalyn
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:31 AM

My 15YO DD has done the challenge and my 17YO DD was challenged yesterday...waiting for her to do it. :)

Sydel
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 12:02 PM

My daughter and I did the polar plunge for special olympics in March and it was a lot of fun. She wants to do it again next year. We have yet to be challenged but I'm sure it will happen.

mamavalor
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 3:46 PM

We have friends and relatives who have done it and we are hoping we don't get nominated.

steelcrazy
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 5:12 PM

If you are looking for a book related to this subject, I had my son read Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom.  It is a biography about a man with ALS.

suesues
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 9:04 AM

no am i am sick of watching the video too

sunnie4u
by New Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 9:18 AM
My daughter did the challenge,my neighbor had Als so she did it to his memory.
Sydel
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 10:09 AM

My daughter was challenged last night. My husband who is very quiet and laid back was practically bouncing off the walls. He has plans to take her to my MIL's because their neighbor has an ice machine AND he thinks the background of my MIL's garden will look nice. LMBO

casquis
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:58 PM

My neighbor donated $500 and did the challenge, too. 

If only I had money.

steelcrazy
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Technically you are supposed to make a small donation, $10-$20, if you dump the bucket of ice water on your head.  If you don't dump the bucket of ice water, that is when you are supposed to donate $100.  A lot of people are donating a large amont of money along with dumping the bucket of ice water, which is really nice.  Then again, I'm a fan of supporting the charities that get very little recognition.  Most of my money goes to Prostate Cancer research.

Quoting casquis:

My neighbor donated $500 and did the challenge, too. 

If only I had money.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)