Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Would you let your daughter???

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:36 AM
  • 26 Replies

Tomorrow night they are having some premier of the new Doctor who season in the theatre.  Two of my dd's friends are going and invited my dd.  Its a midnight showing and the girls all 15 want to take the subway at 11pm into Times Square watch the show and then take the Subway home.the show will end around 2am due to some special after the dr who episode   I can not go with her as i already have plans with my younger dd and 12 orf her friends that we have been planning for literally a year by the time i get all my dd's friends dropped off at home it will be midnight or later. . DH will not be home he is leaving 5 am tomorrow morning. and wont be home until sunday morning.  He wont even be in the state. Something he has planned for months.

by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jerzymom
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:42 AM

I would let her go providing the girls are with an adult. Can one or two of the other girls parents go?

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Only with an adult. 

booscomputer
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:27 AM

No

Maime13
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:34 AM

It's definitely a case by case thing. If it was my oldest? Yep. He is super responsible and has great friends. So, if your DD is like him then I would her go with the understanding that they stay together at all times. Never leave anyone behind, even in the bathroom. Text/call when she arrives and when she leaves. Text/call when she returns to final destination. Text/call if she changes locations or deviates from the plan for any reason.

Does your DD have plans to stay with a friend during the time you would all be gone? Because my only other requirement would be that her return point at the end of the night would be somewhere with an adult who would make sure they girls were in safe for the night and would be willing to contact me and let me know.

Niccalyn
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 11:28 AM

I wouldn't be comfortable with that unless they had an adult with them.

cybcm
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 4:40 PM
It wouldn't bother me, TBH.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 5:05 PM

I would only allow it if an adult accompanied them.

casquis
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Not alone, but it would depend on how far away you are from times square. I assume very, as that area would probably have sky high rents. They need an adult, and if thats not possible, then no. You should ask DH for his opinion/

suesues
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 7:46 AM

15 too young mine does it at 19 in nyc and scares the shit out of me not good at all to be on subway at that hour  

woodswalker
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 12:47 PM

No.   Only if an adult were with them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN