Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

She said what?

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 2:25 PM
  • 3 Replies

My 14 yr old daughter, soon to be 15 went with her boyfriend's dad, step mom and all the kids to a walk for diabetes event. My daughter hasn't had a lot of bf's and this is the first time I let her go to something I was not at bc his parents were going. I dropped her off and met the family (step mom just smiled) but didn't say anything.  In the car on the way home my dd bf says  I wonder if Sarah could go to the younger brothers ball game they were headed to after the walk and his dad said " These things have to be planned, we don't know what she is doing today" My dd spoke up,  said I can call her she won't mind. THE STEP MOM TURNED AROUND AND SAID "THIS IS AN A AND B CONVERSAITON SO C YOUR WAY OUT".  LOLOL are we like totally back in 6th grade. I hope you read that last sentence in a childs voice. lol

by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Maikopmom
by Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Not a very friendly Step Mom.  Does she not want her step son to date?  Because it doesn't sound like your daughter did anything to deserve that response. 

booscomputer
by Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Perhaps they wanted to do something as a family and the father was trying to be nice about not taking your daughter with them.  Stepmom sounds like me -- just say it and be done with it.  

kellly
by Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:46 AM

I told my dd that is probably what it was, that they wanted it to just be a family thing.  We are straight forward in our home and she would have been ok with them saying that instead of trying to "polite". She isn't the step mom I found out, she is the dads girlfriend.  I just thought it was rude, but she probably thought she was being cool.

Quoting booscomputer:

Perhaps they wanted to do something as a family and the father was trying to be nice about not taking your daughter with them.  Stepmom sounds like me -- just say it and be done with it.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)